Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2014, 12:33 PM

2,295 posts, read 2,375,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
I agree totally. I do get frustrated with posts like his mainly because of misinformation passed off as truth. In N Out opening is not like another Mcdonalds opening, it's not the same. The misinformation is the comments on the shakes and fries as to how they're made. Not liking the fries, no big deal. People are used to frozen fries like everywhere else , but he keeps going about how they weren't made to order when I know 100% they always are. The vertical integration he knows nothing about, passing it off as the same as every other chain as if it's fact. They do things differently and that's a fact . They are not Wendy's . Now , saying all that , I'm fine if someone just doesn't like it, but those other points are facts not opinions.
I know a few people that don't like Chic Fila that much, but there's no denying they're chicken is prepared differently than every other chain that drops frozen chicken in a fryer and their stores are run better and cleaner. That's the major separation.

One more time, for the cheap seats. I never offered an opinion on the shakes. In fact, I clearly stated I am not a shake guy, so I recused myself from any speculation on their offering. I did state that my fries were not cut when I ordered them. Unless you were in the Round Rock store about 3:30 pm on March 14, I fail to see how you can claim otherwise. I watched them prepare my order. There were no potatoes cut when I placed my order. The fries were hot and fresh, but were not "a potato when I walked in the store" as claimed by another poster. How do you know anything at all about my level of familiarity with vertical integration? Talk about factual inaccuracies...

My opinion is just that, an opinion. You are more than welcome to disagree. I just don't get why people seem driven to convert the nonbelievers over a fast food burger.

Old 03-21-2014, 01:10 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,153,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXStrat View Post
One more time, for the cheap seats. I never offered an opinion on the shakes. In fact, I clearly stated I am not a shake guy, so I recused myself from any speculation on their offering. I did state that my fries were not cut when I ordered them. Unless you were in the Round Rock store about 3:30 pm on March 14, I fail to see how you can claim otherwise. I watched them prepare my order. There were no potatoes cut when I placed my order. The fries were hot and fresh, but were not "a potato when I walked in the store" as claimed by another poster. How do you know anything at all about my level of familiarity with vertical integration? Talk about factual inaccuracies...

My opinion is just that, an opinion. You are more than welcome to disagree. I just don't get why people seem driven to convert the nonbelievers over a fast food burger.

No, I dont really care if you dont like In N Out. Its funny you are still in this thread though.
You just did it again, however, commenting on operations issues that you know nothing about, but claiming them to be true. The comment you said that another poster made of your fries being "a potato when I walked in the store" , is not just his opinion, but it is part of In N Outs marketing, its in their radio spots, that IS how they do it. I dont believe for a second that you stood at the counter and watched them(why would you), those stores are generally to busy for that. It also doesnt matter what your familiarity of vertical integration is, you obviously dont know their system.

If you want to learn more:
Food Quality - In-N-Out Burger

Highlights:

We own and operate our own patty-making facilities in Baldwin Park, California and Dallas, Texas. Since we only serve burgers, fries and drinks, making a high-quality hamburger patty is everything to us.

We have always made every one of our hamburger patties ourselves using only whole chucks from premium cattle selected especially for In-N-Out Burger. We pay a premium to purchase fresh, high-quality beef chucks. We individually inspect every single chuck we receive to make sure that it meets our standards. Then our highly skilled, in-house butchers remove the bones. We grind the meat ourselves and make it into patties ourselves.

Our lettuce is hand-leafed. Our American cheese is the real thing. And we use the best available onions and the plumpest, juiciest tomatoes we can find. All of our ingredients are delivered fresh to our stores. In fact, we don’t even own a microwave, heat lamp, or freezer.

We even bake our buns using old-fashioned, slow-rising sponge dough.

In-N-Out french fries come from the finest, freshest ingredients we can find—potatoes shipped right from the farm. They’re individually cut in our stores, then cooked in 100% pure, cholesterol-free vegetable oil.

The organization does an impressive of job of tracking its beef from farm to fork, even going to far as to inspect, butcher, and grind its own product. No outsourcing necessary. This rare example of vertical integration has earned the burger chain well-deserved praise.

Old 03-21-2014, 01:12 PM

4,491 posts, read 5,003,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smuboy86 View Post
The one on walzem is going to be less than a half a mile from bill miller.
That's right in my neighborhood!!!
Guess I'll be getting to heaven sooner than I thought!!!
Animal style with a sweet tea, chopped, jalepeno's, pecan pie slice,
And a number 2 fried chicken for midnight snack later!!!!

Old 03-21-2014, 01:22 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,090,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
[b]Our American cheese is the real thing[/B
I'm an In n Out fan, I guess, but this cracked me up. Is there a less real food than American cheese? LOL

Old 03-21-2014, 01:32 PM

336 posts, read 484,984 times
Based on what I've been told, In & Out will not only cure my hunger, but my shingles, throat cancer, irritable bowel syndrome and jaundice.

I can't wait for them to open... Healthful life, here I come!

Rethinking that a bit, with the IBS perhaps a burger isn't the best cure. I'll have to work on that one

Last edited by staunchcharacter; 03-21-2014 at 02:41 PM.. Reason: this/that

Old 03-21-2014, 04:23 PM

948 posts, read 1,846,054 times
The next one will be at 1604 and culebra

Old 03-21-2014, 04:27 PM

1,099 posts, read 2,078,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzrd View Post
welcome to yesterday

Old 03-21-2014, 04:39 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,443,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzrd View Post
so far, it's the ONLY one. In-n-Out confirmed today, publicly, that it will open its first store at 1604 and Culebra.

Old 03-21-2014, 04:49 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,153,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
I'm an In n Out fan, I guess, but this cracked me up. Is there a less real food than American cheese? LOL
Yeah, that is the least impressive quote on there....
Although there is "fake" American cheese

Old 03-21-2014, 04:53 PM

424 posts, read 611,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
so far, it's the ONLY one. In-n-Out confirmed today, publicly, that it will open its first store at 1604 and Culebra.
Just the first "official" location. We all know where the others will be and we know there will be more after those.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio