Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 11:13 AM

1,690 posts, read 3,618,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:

Because PFs is mass market, whitebread, overpriced drek. I agree with the OP
wholeheartedly.
Totally agree. And I lived in China for ten years!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2014, 12:19 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,409,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhugeliang1 View Post
Totally agree. And I lived in China for ten years!

Reviews online say differently...

Oh well! I'll still eat there. *shrugs*

Honey Crispy Shrimp, I love you. <3

Old 02-14-2014, 12:44 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,950,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post

Honey Crispy Shrimp, I love you. <3
This

Old 02-14-2014, 02:53 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,409,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
This
I tried to rep ya but it says "No young padawan, you must spread the love"

Old 02-14-2014, 04:26 PM

810 posts, read 1,425,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwebtx View Post
Austin has a much better selection in their China town and Houston, of course, has the best in Texas.
Totally agreed. Plano is also becoming a place where a lot of Chinese resides and lots of good authentic restaurants are popping up in Plano. Richardson is no longer the “China town” in Dallas.

Old 02-14-2014, 04:28 PM

810 posts, read 1,425,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrossjr79 View Post
1. China Harbor (Chinese Buffet Place) Offers Chow Mein and Lo Mein.
Personally, I would stay away from that place. They cook meats that are not fresh because they are being cheap and don’t want to waste the meats they have purchased. Life is too short to eat bad meats.

Old 02-15-2014, 12:30 AM

6 posts, read 10,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradford72 View Post
Having moved here from the SF Bay Area where good Chinese food is in abundance, I'm having a very hard time finding a place that measures up to SF standards. Can anyone recommend a great place in San Antonio? Preferably as close to Alamo Ranch as possible, but I am willing to drive if it's necessary.

Things I've noticed about the San Antonio Chinese restaurants I've checked out so far:

1) None offer Chow Mein or Chow Fun. It seems Lo Mein is the only option for noodles.

2) Nobody sells entrees a la carte. Every dish comes with rice/egg roll/soup/etc. This drives me crazy. All we want to do is order three meat dishes, one noodle dish, some spring rolls, and some pot stickers. I don't need three orders of rice and soup that I'm going to throw away.

3) Does anyone cook their S&S, Orange or Lemon Chicken IN THE SAUCE? Can't stand getting a bunch of dry fried chicken pieces and a small cup of sauce that won't even cover all the meat. Yes, I know it won't be as crispy but that's the way it's supposed to be prepared.

4) Where's the meat, egg and veggies in my fried rice??? Three different places have served us "fried rice" that is basically yellowish rice with nothing in it. What's that all about?

Okay people...help me out here. And if you're a Bay Area transplant, I would definitely love to hear what you think compares. And if anyone wishes to not be publicly ridiculed, please refrain from mentioning PF Chang's or Panda Express
Golden Wok or Wok Inn (both are local with multiple locations but they have different owners).

You're welcome.

Old 02-15-2014, 06:50 AM

1,641 posts, read 2,410,674 times
I want to withdraw my recommendation of Gin's. On last visit, food was plain at best.

Old 12-03-2015, 10:07 AM

39 posts, read 46,118 times
I want to revive this thread to see if anything new popped up in the last year.

To me, Sichuan Cuisine is great, but not as awesome as it was 3-4 years ago. The last time I went there, they don't have the first two choices that I ordered. I only go there for the cold noodles and cold sliced spicy beef (not sure if that's the actual name as I only know the Chinese name 夫妻肺片).

Old 12-03-2015, 11:10 AM

1,641 posts, read 2,410,674 times
Thanks for the revival.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio