Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 12:53 AM

106 posts, read 449,382 times

Advertisements

In 1980 or 81 I stayed in the Roy Rogers Suite at the Menger. It was filled with all this kitschy western-style furniture--cowhide-covered couch, bedsteads made to look like gates, etc. Inside the drawer of the bedside table was a label saying it had been made by an SA company. I did research and learned they were still in business and got a catalogue--or rather a flier. But that was back then. I assume they are out of business. Anybody know what this company was or know anything about it?

Old 12-02-2007, 01:24 AM

85 posts, read 357,005 times
I haven't ever heard of it but I know there was one store that sold a lot of that kind of stuff that went out of business about 3 or 4 years ago.
I did find this link to some rustic cowboy furniture though.
COWHIDE

Old 12-02-2007, 06:46 AM

4,326 posts, read 7,234,158 times
It sounds like it could have been W R Dallas Furniture Co. Apparently, they operate out of Austin these days. See Home Page Furniture that embodies the strength, charm, character and romance of Texas.

Old 12-02-2007, 08:54 PM

5,642 posts, read 15,710,202 times
This is not San Antonio, but there's a company in Kingsville, Texas, called the KING RANCH SADDLE SHOP and they provide high quality and expensive cowboy/ranch furniture and more to people all over the world. They are most recently known for the leatherwork inspiration done for the Ford King Ranch trucks.

King Ranch Saddle Shop

Old 12-03-2007, 05:40 AM

106 posts, read 449,382 times
The stuff on the WR Dallas site really looks like it. Thanks.

Old 06-04-2008, 06:32 PM

1 posts, read 10,297 times
Default Hi folks

OK, I am new here but I think I can tell you folks a bit about WR Dallas furniture.

My Dad, who just died, worked for WR Dallas for over 40 years. He was the Shop foreman and most of the furniture built there went through his hands at one point or another. He went to work for Dallas furniture as a technical school student and spent his life with them.

I hope to be putting together a tribute web site of Dallas furniture and will provide the URL as soon as it's available.

It was and still is great furniture of which I have a few pieces as well as my family.

As you can see, we are very proud of the furniture my father and the guys at Dallas made and are eager to tell the stories we have of growing up with the company.

I just heard of this site today from my niece who just bought Dallas bunk beds to use at home for her children.

I'll keep you posted.

Old 04-24-2009, 10:31 AM

1 posts, read 8,828 times
Default WR Dallas

I would love to visit with you. I am the owner of W.R. Dallas now and am writing a book about all the wonderful clients who own WRDallas pieces.
Please contact me at sales@wrdallas.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbachavez View Post
OK, I am new here but I think I can tell you folks a bit about WR Dallas furniture.

My Dad, who just died, worked for WR Dallas for over 40 years. He was the Shop foreman and most of the furniture built there went through his hands at one point or another. He went to work for Dallas furniture as a technical school student and spent his life with them.

I hope to be putting together a tribute web site of Dallas furniture and will provide the URL as soon as it's available.

It was and still is great furniture of which I have a few pieces as well as my family.

As you can see, we are very proud of the furniture my father and the guys at Dallas made and are eager to tell the stories we have of growing up with the company.

I just heard of this site today from my niece who just bought Dallas bunk beds to use at home for her children.

I'll keep you posted.

Old 09-25-2009, 05:48 PM

1 posts, read 7,856 times
Default WR Dallas still in business?

Hi,

Is W R Dallas still making furniture? Can't find their phone number for some reason. I have a dining set made in 1973 and a bedroom suite built in the late 90s or early 2000s. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

bjbo

Old 08-26-2010, 11:09 AM

1 posts, read 6,252 times
I have a pine library/dining table I bought 12 years ago in a Corpus Christi antique store. I am downsizing and would like to sell it -someone told me that they buy furniture back sometime. I just don't want to sell it at a garage sale for $25!!! Then again, I"m not trying to make a lot of money off it either, but wan't to be fair. Any ideas? (It's 36" wide - 72" long and 29" in height and has the Texas Spoke Wheel logo on the underside. Thanks.

Old 08-26-2010, 12:55 PM

3,111 posts, read 9,207,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNick View Post
This is not San Antonio, but there's a company in Kingsville, Texas, called the KING RANCH SADDLE SHOP and they provide high quality and expensive cowboy/ranch furniture and more to people all over the world. They are most recently known for the leatherwork inspiration done for the Ford King Ranch trucks.

King Ranch Saddle Shop
Wish I could do my whole house with furniture from the King Ranch, but I'm too poor for that
Nice stuff!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio