Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 04:48 PM

581 posts, read 1,188,479 times

Advertisements

I looked through the Gun thread and searched but some of the places listed, don't let shotguns fire on range anymore. I recently inheirented a niiiice Mossberg 500 from an old uncle, I hold the FFL already, (big to Dury's)

Now, I just got to find a spot to shoot it. My parents recently sold off a chunk of their property, now we're too close to neighbors, so there goes that. I know Blackhawk does, I believe but I like to head down there with my stash of pistola's a few times a month and I wanted to try to fire it sometime sooner, like this coming week. I don't mind the trip but would like something, a LITTLE closer. Bracken is down for maintenence so that's a no-go.

Any other places any knows off the top of their heads?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2014, 08:13 PM

7,130 posts, read 11,841,916 times
The Bullet Hole - west side of SA off of Hwy 90, and Dietz up in New Braunfels off of 46. Also, Bexar Community Range.....

Old 03-01-2014, 10:27 PM

1,004 posts, read 1,621,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tortuga29 View Post
I looked through the Gun thread and searched but some of the places listed, don't let shotguns fire on range anymore. I recently inheirented a niiiice Mossberg 500 from an old uncle, I hold the FFL already, (big to Dury's)

Now, I just got to find a spot to shoot it. My parents recently sold off a chunk of their property, now we're too close to neighbors, so there goes that. I know Blackhawk does, I believe but I like to head down there with my stash of pistola's a few times a month and I wanted to try to fire it sometime sooner, like this coming week. I don't mind the trip but would like something, a LITTLE closer. Bracken is down for maintenence so that's a no-go.

Any other places any knows off the top of their heads?
I went to this location to try my Henry lever rifle, but all they allowed
were shotguns.

San Antonio Gun Club on Contour Dr.
San Antonio Gun Club (SAGC)

Old 03-02-2014, 10:18 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,996,643 times
Many ranges do allow shotguns, just call beforehand...

Old 03-02-2014, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
The Bullet Hole - west side of SA off of Hwy 90, and Dietz up in New Braunfels off of 46. Also, Bexar Community Range.....
Do yourself a favor if you do choose to go to the Bullethole and get a private bay instead of shooting on the public pistol line. It is more expensive, but it's the smarter move!

Old 03-02-2014, 05:02 PM

501 posts, read 1,050,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
Do yourself a favor if you do choose to go to the Bullethole and get a private bay instead of shooting on the public pistol line. It is more expensive, but it's the smarter move!
The Bullet hole does, just get a private bay like Max said. The biggest challenge of shooting at the Bullet Hole is not getting shot yourself. Max, I thought you were boycotting the bullet hole?

Old 03-03-2014, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameshardin View Post
The Bullet hole does, just get a private bay like Max said. The biggest challenge of shooting at the Bullet Hole is not getting shot yourself. Max, I thought you were boycotting the bullet hole?
I am, I've witnessed far too many safety issues at that place for me to ever risk shooting there; but others still do so I thought it best to advise them on the safest possible option...

Old 03-03-2014, 06:41 AM

581 posts, read 1,188,479 times
Thanks everyone!

I knew about the Bullet Hole and am aware of their issue regarding safety, or lack thereof. I've only been once but once was enough. I really don't feel like fishing out my gear and going to a range in full battle rattle, which is the only way I'll go back there. I don't really like guns being pointed at me.

I'm going to try Dietz and Bexar Community sometime this week. An LE buddy says that Nardis GC does but I need to see about what type of ammo they allow.

Again, thanks all!! Stay warm and happy shooting.

Old 03-04-2014, 09:04 PM

287 posts, read 363,676 times
I was at the Bullet Hole on Sunday for almost 5 hours. I thought they were very safety conscious and saw nothing that worried me.

Old 03-05-2014, 07:03 PM

501 posts, read 1,050,871 times
I think that they are increasing their security measures, especially after the suicide they had one the pistol line a year or so ago. It used the be that there were not range officers on duty many times. I was there about two years ago, and this guy left his girlfriend with his subcompact Glock 45. She had maybe put 4-5 rounds through it before he left her to her own devices. She limp wristed it and had a stove pipe. She simply left the weapon on the table, facing down the firing line at other shooters, and left to find him. Being a certified Army RSO, I procured the weapon, cleared the malfunction and removed the magazine. She threw a massive fit as I walked into the "office" with the weapon, saying it was no danger and I should never have touched her boyfriends gun, on top of that, the staff did not seem to find it concerning that it was left in this condition. Maybe I am just hyper vigilant, but I feel that safety cannot be taken seriously enough when dealing with firearms, and inexperienced people interacting with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio