Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2014, 05:01 PM

733 posts, read 1,047,567 times

Advertisements

seems like i cant catch a break on keeping my cars free from scratches. earlier today, a tree cutting maintenance came by to chop down branches by the power lines behind my apt building. i had plans to wash/wax the car today, so went outside around 10am. no cars were around but mine and there was a fine layer of saw dust on the car. no bother, i was planning on washing it anyways.

i moved my car over a good deal so i could get to work. dusted off all the sawdust on the hood and discovered what looked like a lot (i really mean a lot) of scratches on the hood. no other scratches on the sides, on the roof, door or anywhere. just the front of the car that happens to be underneath all the branches they are currently hacking away at.

called cps, got the run around and eventually got to someone in claims that took my info and said someone would contact me in 7-10 business days. called the tree company as well, they took my info and said someone would get back to me.

is there any way i can speed up the process? the people at cps admitted that the tree cutting company is one of the ones they contract through, but could not verify if they had sent them out this morning.

the worst of the damage is on the front of the hood, where it looks like either they bumped my car with the bucket and dragged it across, or dragged a lot of tree branches across it for a good 3-4 hours.

imgur: the simple image sharer

the worst of it:

jerks...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2014, 05:52 PM

5,251 posts, read 14,250,516 times
I would bet that would all buff out. Have you tired using some wax and cleaning it up your self?

Old 04-22-2014, 06:19 PM

1,647 posts, read 2,063,686 times
Why the need to speed up the process? Looks like the car is driveable, no? Wait the 7-10 and have them take care of it.

Old 04-22-2014, 06:49 PM

42 posts, read 51,927 times
It appears since no other cars were around, you missed the memo regarding tree trimming?

Old 04-24-2014, 11:36 AM

179 posts, read 247,379 times
scratch temover compound works well.

Old 04-25-2014, 06:44 AM

2,600 posts, read 8,794,210 times
NOPE !!!

Remember that your dealing with the city and I really don't think they will even have it taken care of in the 7 to 10 days !!!

Old 04-25-2014, 09:39 AM

4,330 posts, read 7,237,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by need4speed2012 View Post
NOPE !!!

Remember that your dealing with the city and I really don't think they will even have it taken care of in the 7 to 10 days !!!
You will likely be dealing with the contract tree service's insurance carrier. Contractors have to present proof of liability insurance when they bid on government or public utility contracts.

Old 04-29-2014, 06:55 PM

733 posts, read 1,047,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ged_782 View Post
You will likely be dealing with the contract tree service's insurance carrier. Contractors have to present proof of liability insurance when they bid on government or public utility contracts.
i am. they came out already, took pictures. i told them im not out for a payday, that its under 500$ in damage (the one 12.5" scratch on the front of the bonnet is to primer) and i can do the work myself, i just need money for compound, maybe sandpaper and a little pen of paint and a weekend.

with all the scratches (there are a lot of fine ones you cant see due to the sun glare), the guy even admitted that the entire hood would need to be worked.

so glad it seems to be working out.

ps - cps doesnt send memos about tree cutting crews. in fact, cps had no idea if they sent out the crew or not. i spoke to 3 managers who could not confirm (or deny) that they sent them out, only that they do contract them out to do that kind of maintenance. i get emails from them all the time about news, my bill and when its due (which btw they changed my due date for some strange reason.. another thing im gonna chat with them about..), but have never gotten one about maintenance like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancho-Villa View Post
Why the need to speed up the process? Looks like the car is driveable, no? Wait the 7-10 and have them take care of it.
im only responding to this because one of the managers i spoke with hinted that he owned an expensive car, and i retorted with 'how livid would you be if i scratched up your hood? you'd be looking at WAY more than what mine's gonna cost to be worked'. he apologized and said he'd get in touch with whoever, i dont even remember anymore.

cps AND the tree cutting company both told me to take pix and not attempt any repair work til they had someone inspect it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio