Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 12:20 PM

12,114 posts, read 15,002,256 times

Advertisements

You get use to the once a week fast. I may have 3 cans outside at all times but we put differant things in each one. We use the Tiger can for food so the wildlife doesnt get into it and the other two are more for trash stuff. I dont think we have ever filled the Tiger can except after a party or holiday. The reason I switched was BFI ( thats how long ago it was) refused to take mine one day becasue they said it was to heavy. They never even got out of the truck, just drove by and looked. I chased them down and and made them come back. There was one can and it wasnt even full!! One of the best parts about Tiger is you dont have to mess with that stupid sticker thing (do they still do that?). They just look for their cans. They treat the cans better too becasue they belong to them!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2007, 12:24 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,824,748 times
I took a drive about an hour ago. Today is Tiger trash day here in the nabe.
You would be amazed at how much trash people have out there for Tiger!!!
I won't feel guilty anymore when I put out just a little extra....it's ON now.

Of course, there's probably more this week due to the holidays...but still!!!

Old 12-31-2007, 01:59 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,392,256 times
$147 bill? is that something you just got in the mail because I haven't got it yet. If they are charging that then they can kiss me good bye. I already didn't like their insane "price adjustments" and totally crappy service with the cans always thrown around and the lids thrown in other directions. I think it's about time to put yet another dent in their business, they should get the hint soon I think..

Old 12-31-2007, 02:12 PM

let's all say it together now...

TIGER, TIGER.....TIGER!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-31-2007, 02:14 PM

I don't like the one day/week thing though and that's why I'm sticking with WM (so far). However, I can't afford that kind of price increase. I'm currently paying off things and saving money to move.. So I'll be doing the Tiger chant as soon as they jack mine up that high..

edit- how does the once per week thing work when Monday is a holiday? there's now way I'd want to go two weeks without a pickup, especially with two puppies that still aren't completely house broken...

Old 12-31-2007, 02:37 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,032,679 times
I think it says on their website that they pick up the next day, if your regular day falls on a holiday. That's better than the city--you just lose out with them.

Old 12-31-2007, 02:40 PM

You lose out with WM too.. Tiger is sounding better, but I still haven't received a new bill..

Old 12-31-2007, 02:40 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,989,445 times
Tiger rocks! They will pick up anything. I put that piece-of-crap Insignia TV from Best Buy on the curb along with an old computer desk chair, along with two cans and an assortment of boxes and they cleared it all!

Got sick of being screwed by WM, they are way overpriced and don't offer any better service than Tiger at less than half the price. It is amazing how much of their business is going over to Tiger, about half of our neighborhood has made the switch. Everyone else must just like throwing their money away!

By the way, if you already have cans Tiger will give you a sticker for them. You don't need to use their mega-can. Also, for the three holidays they observe (Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years), if your pick-up day is on or after the holiday, your pick-up for the week will be one day later. For example, our pick-up is normally on Wednesdays, but this week because of New Years it will be on Thursday. This straight from their web site.

Cheers! M2

Old 12-31-2007, 02:49 PM

Do it Rd2007 do it!!!

You'd think I owned Tiger's stock, huh?

Major- I thought you were gonna find a place to take that POS TV and shoot it?

Old 12-31-2007, 02:51 PM

hmm, I could put one of my old trash cans in their big one.. I'm thinking I may do the switch as soon as I get my bill, whenever that is.. it's one of those bills we always forget about and oh crap when we see it...

BTW, wonder if they'll give me a discount if I spruce up their web site.. it leaves more than a little to be desired

speaking of Insignia, I was in Best Buy the other day and kept laughing every time I saw the brand.. sucks that it had to be hauled out to the trash, but hopefully some others learned from it. I sure did..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio