Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2017, 07:01 PM

948 posts, read 1,842,873 times

Advertisements

+1 for cutting the cord. We tried it out in August and got a free roku for signing up with Sling and haven't looked back. We only have internet, 200mb, that my wife's work pays for so we only pay for Sling. We were already paying for Netflix, Hulu and Amazon prime so it's really just swapping $250 for $100 (Sling +internet). What stopped me from doing this sooner was Spurs games but now that Sling has fox sports I can watch the games not only here but anywhere on my phone, iPad or laptop. I also hooked up an outdoor hd antenna and connected it to the existing splitter so it now feeds all of my rooms. I get all the channels I want/need over Sling and local channels via the antenna. Also Netflix is really pumping out some quality movies and shows these days so that keeps us busy. The only thing I miss is being able to pause or rewind tv and the dvr function but Ive gotten used to it. I did set up a dvr with my pc that will record a show, strip out all of the commercials and move it to another folder for my Plex server to pick it up. I can then watch it on any of my roku connected TVs but this is only for local channels.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio