Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 10:08 PM

5 posts, read 6,574 times

Advertisements

They have torn up practically their whole store all this time just to install this ridiculous "Mia's Mirror" thing?! What a waste. At least the stupid and useless clothing area that was there before was open and you could walk through it to get around the store. Now shoppers will have to walk all the way around that asinine boutique that looks like it's being outfitted with furniture from a little girl's room.

Seriously, HEB, people just want to get their groceries and get on with their lives. Get your junky little store-within-a-store out of the way. Did they do market studies on this? Are there really customers who told HEB this "Mia's Mirror" thing is what they would like?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2015, 10:48 PM

108 posts, read 119,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortitude View Post
They have torn up practically their whole store all this time just to install this ridiculous "Mia's Mirror" thing?! What a waste. At least the stupid and useless clothing area that was there before was open and you could walk through it to get around the store. Now shoppers will have to walk all the way around that asinine boutique that looks like it's being outfitted with furniture from a little girl's room.

Seriously, HEB, people just want to get their groceries and get on with their lives. Get your junky little store-within-a-store out of the way. Did they do market studies on this? Are there really customers who told HEB this "Mia's Mirror" thing is what they would like?
I don't understand who they are targeting. Not me for sure. Groceries are something that I have to have on a weekly basis. This other stuff goes into a different catagory. I use places like JC Penny for that. Not nearly as often but I probably spend more. I keep these things separate for a reason. I guess there are people with so much money that they buy everything they see. Maybe that is who they are targeting. I dunno.

Old 09-25-2015, 07:24 AM

136 posts, read 225,105 times
Quote:

The HEB Plus on Bandera and 1604 has a similar thing in it. I can't recall if the name is the same, but it looks like the remodel made the Potranco HEB look a lot more like the one at Bandera. Down to the Dairy along the back row and that new food demo stand by the Dairy area.

Old 09-25-2015, 09:03 AM

6,705 posts, read 8,772,433 times
Quote:

HEB is not only in the grocery business but also in the real estate business. I think they lease out a lot of space around their stores and don't exactly pick and choose what they sell.

Old 09-25-2015, 01:14 PM

5 posts, read 6,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure110 View Post
HEB is not only in the grocery business but also in the real estate business. I think they lease out a lot of space around their stores and don't exactly pick and choose what they sell.
If you look up Mia's Mirror, it takes you to an HEB page that says "Mia's Mirror by HEB," so it seems to be an HEB thing, not an outside-owned business. They say they have jewelry, accessories, shoes (), etc.

I can't believe they moved the groceries, which is what I thought most people go to HEB for, all to the periphery. Now it will take longer and be more of a hassle to get all your staples. Well, I guess I can believe it. They probably hope that while you are traipsing all over, hither and yon, you will roll up to Mia's in your basket and buy a scarf that in most other HEB locations would probably be hanging on a hook at the end of an aisle in the makeup section.

I'm not sure why I'm so annoyed by this. I guess it just really cheeses me off that they spent all this time, effort and money making the store more difficult to navigate so they could have a dedicated room to sell jewelry. Instead of adding more aisles for groceries or some other goods that customers say they want. Maybe there are throngs of people who will love this Mia's thing but not me.

Old 09-25-2015, 01:57 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,861,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbeltran428 View Post
The HEB Plus on Bandera and 1604 has a similar thing in it. I can't recall if the name is the same, but it looks like the remodel made the Potranco HEB look a lot more like the one at Bandera. Down to the Dairy along the back row and that new food demo stand by the Dairy area.
Except for the space in the store...the big thing that the one at Bandera has is a lot of space to walk around.

Old 09-25-2015, 02:04 PM

6,705 posts, read 8,772,433 times
Quote:
If you look up Mia's Mirror, it takes you to an HEB page that says "Mia's Mirror by HEB," so it seems to be an HEB thing, not an outside-owned business. They say they have jewelry, accessories, shoes (), etc.

I can't believe they moved the groceries, which is what I thought most people go to HEB for, all to the periphery. Now it will take longer and be more of a hassle to get all your staples. Well, I guess I can believe it. They probably hope that while you are traipsing all over, hither and yon, you will roll up to Mia's in your basket and buy a scarf that in most other HEB locations would probably be hanging on a hook at the end of an aisle in the makeup section.

I'm not sure why I'm so annoyed by this. I guess it just really cheeses me off that they spent all this time, effort and money making the store more difficult to navigate so they could have a dedicated room to sell jewelry. Instead of adding more aisles for groceries or some other goods that customers say they want. Maybe there are throngs of people who will love this Mia's thing but not me.
Ok. I guess it is owned by HEB. I thought you were talking about one of those little shops with trinkets and other useless stuff inside some HEB locations in addition to banks, eyeglasses and so on.

I too find it very annoying and wish HEB would just stick to groceries.

Old 09-25-2015, 03:50 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,448,856 times
Unless/until their adding all kinds of useless crap to their stores affect their bottom line, they will do nothing.

A bunch of us here in AR area have decided to shop that new Walmart Grocery store on 1560 when it opens in a few weeks (someone said Dec). All our little areas have private websites for our neighborhoods, and the Next Door website as well, and it is being posted and discussed that our voices will be heard if we work in unison and stop shopping HEB ASAP HOPING to make enough of an impact as soon as that Walmart is open that HEB realizes quickly we will have another option CLOSER (and MUCH easier traffic wise) and gets back on track with the store here in AR. Time will tell I suppose.

Old 09-25-2015, 04:01 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,722,057 times
Quote:

For this reason alone I live at my Wal Mart Neighborhood store. It is nice to get back "just" a grocery store. I still pop into HEB for a few things (there are some things they do really well) but for my weekly shopping it is the Neighboorhood store.

Old 09-25-2015, 04:18 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,448,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanInSA View Post
For this reason alone I live at my Wal Mart Neighborhood store. It is nice to get back "just" a grocery store. I still pop into HEB for a few things (there are some things they do really well) but for my weekly shopping it is the Neighboorhood store.
Ya know, I have YET to go and visit one, but guess I will know soon enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: