Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2015, 06:46 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,036,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
Slightly off topic, but does this new HEB also delete lots of other options for their Hill Fair brand items only? Seems to me that little by little, LOTS of things are being squeezed into smaller and smaller offerings by HEB while their own "store" brand items seem to be expanding into those spaces. I have found nothing that I care for in their store brand personally...

Best example I can think of is our "string cheese" section has moved out Sargentos and other name brands to focus on "more variety" of their store brand flavors of string cheese.
That is my biggest beef with them. I know that's how they make money but sometimes the name brand IS a better product and people who want it will pay. This has been going on for a long time too, because I left SA in 2011 and I had all but stopped shopping there because of this . I was so happy to have real choices in DFW. Have to admit that overall HEB is better than Kroger and Albertsons and Tom Thumb though. And people rave about Aldi's but I don't get the appeal for them at all. Processed garbage food.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio