Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2016, 07:39 PM

218 posts, read 501,634 times

Advertisements

I bought a mattress online a few months ago. It was a Novobed. I can honestly say it's the best bed I have had. They have a 120 no questions return policy. Only down side is they are higher than you are looking for. The queen is $899 shipped.

[url]www.novosbed.com[/url]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2016, 01:50 PM

89 posts, read 97,895 times
I have a Tempur-Pedic King. I love this bed.

Old 05-26-2016, 02:27 PM

6,707 posts, read 8,780,002 times
I have a tempur-pedic. I don't like it during the warmer months unless I have my A/C set below 75 because it can get pretty warm sleeping on one due to the mold-like formation caused by your body weight.

I do find it very comfortable when it is not too warm.

Old 05-28-2016, 05:35 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,725 posts, read 58,067,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure110 View Post
I have a tempur-pedic. I don't like it during the warmer months unless I have my A/C set below 75 because it can get pretty warm sleeping on one due to the mold-like formation caused by your body weight.

I do find it very comfortable when it is not too warm.
Memory foam can really zap your body heat when it is cold in bedroom...
Memory is much too hot for me

Stick with Latex... ymmv

Old 05-28-2016, 05:44 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,630,701 times
I recommend Mattress Firm. Their mattresses have the date of manufacturer so you know it hasn't been sitting in some
warehouse somewhere for ages.

Old 05-31-2016, 10:06 AM

61,734 posts, read 87,147,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
I have tried them all. I prefer a latex with a euro top (not a USA pillow top). I got mine from a liquidation center for $350, ( they sell store floor / display models).

I would buy my next on-line. You can specify your comfort profile using a mixed combination of 4 firmnesses stacked in different sequence. You never know till you sleep on it for 8 hrs, then you swap the layers till you are the princess and the pea.
I agree!!! I am sleeping on latex for decades now, and consider it the best mattress type on the market.
Depends on your budget, you can have a full latex or latex layer.
A friend just bought one from Wayfair:
http://www.wayfair.com/Brooklyn-Bedd...-BKBD1001.html and is very happy with the purchase. ( right now ~$50 cheaper than at Amazon)
There are lots of options:
http://www.wayfair.com/Latex-Mattresses-C1823687.html

Also very good buy:
Amazon.com: Roma Natural Latex Mattress - 6" Natural Dunlop Latex - 9" Finished Height - 2 in1 Comfort Technology (Queen): Kitchen & Dining
Other options:
http://goo.gl/rZboHL

No tax, free delivery

Old 07-11-2016, 04:03 AM

2 posts, read 1,305 times
[LEFT]I will prefer latex mattress which is the best mattress for good sleep.
Latex mattress is made up of natural rubber. It will gives you good support to your back and reduces back pain.
For peaceful and comfortable sleep check out latex mattress.[/LEFT]

Old 07-11-2016, 08:51 PM

443 posts, read 954,952 times
I imagine Steve's already found his mattress, but I'll add another vote for Cantwell Mattress over off McCollough. I've been buying from them since the 80s and they are the best quality I've found. The fact they build to order really sweetens the deal, since what I was looking for I wasn't finding in other mattresses.

I purchased one for my grandfather when I was taking care of him. He weighed 212lbs and sat in the edge of the bed for extended periods of time, exactly what distorts most beds and they warn against. When he passed, I put it in my guest room and people comment on how comfortable it is. The one I sleep on is over 10 years old without any detectable depression on it.

I've got a friend who purchased a memory foam bed. He hates it in the summer, and mentioned it's a bit unwieldy for amorous encounters

Old 07-14-2016, 08:17 PM

432 posts, read 523,621 times
Yes, I shopped hard and wound up at Factory Mattress and happy with the deal.
Mattress Firm has great stores, freebies, and super sales people and terrific TV ads. But I did not want to pay for those. Wow, the front of their store has some golden products.

Will need another next year and will give the custom place a try.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: