Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2016, 02:18 PM

4,062 posts, read 5,645,484 times

Advertisements

In my county, only people over 65 who request to receive mail-in ballots receive them. Why would they automatically mail them to ALL voters over 65? Also anyone who is disabled can get on that list for mail-in ballots if they send in proof. I'm doing the mail-in ballots this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2016, 06:20 PM

4,307 posts, read 9,556,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee W. View Post
In my county, only people over 65 who request to receive mail-in ballots receive them. Why would they automatically mail them to ALL voters over 65? Also anyone who is disabled can get on that list for mail-in ballots if they send in proof. I'm doing the mail-in ballots this year.
According to the person on the phone, that was the case. It is entirely possible the person on the phone from the elections office erred, or the person hearing the information mis-understood.

In any event, the voter did not know they had a mailed ballot (they hadn't actually submitted it, perhaps someone else had requested it for them, such as their spouse). So to assume an elderly person was trying to commit voter fraud, as alleged in another post, is excessive. It is a simple process to invalidate the mailed vote. For some people, the process can be very confusing. Indeed, even for the trained elections staff, it is confusing.

Old 10-31-2016, 11:48 AM

1,552 posts, read 2,329,790 times
Early voting at Igo. Long line but moving. Hard to find a place to park. Some doofus parks his big pickup in the fire lane. This annoys folks but wait. Along comes the SAPD for a big ticket. The crowd cheers!

Old 10-31-2016, 06:45 PM

232 posts, read 379,961 times
I went to Tobin Library today. It is generally one of the busiest early sites in the city. I went @ 2:45p today and the parking was packed. I found a spot and went in and got in line. From that point until I left the polling area it was a total of 7 minutes. Although, by the parking, it appeared to be PACKED, little wait and no problems.

Old 10-31-2016, 08:11 PM

1,807 posts, read 2,970,175 times
Collins Garden Library this past Friday at 4pm. Walked in and out in 5 minutes. No line, plenty of parking, and about half the polling stations were vacant.

Old 11-01-2016, 07:22 AM

520 posts, read 782,035 times
Thursday at Crossroads Mall @ 3:30pm. There was a decent line - maybe 50 voters, less than 30 minutes in and out.

Old 11-05-2016, 11:45 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,030,653 times
I ended up going to the Encino Library the day after I posted this & had a 70-minute wait to vote for Vladimir Putin. Looks like some other places had much shorter lines!! So long as we vote & our votes are counted, that's what matters.

Old 11-06-2016, 05:31 PM

4,852 posts, read 3,276,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
You can early vote ANYWHERE at all, they just give you the closest to your registered location addresses in case it is helpful. You can vote across town, no issues.
County specific, is what I learned the other day. Which is not what I understood from casually listening to the news. The Guadalupe county location I went to turned several folks away that were registered in Comal county.

Old 11-07-2016, 03:52 AM

520 posts, read 782,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguinite View Post
County specific, is what I learned the other day. Which is not what I understood from casually listening to the news. The Guadalupe county location I went to turned several folks away that were registered in Comal county.
That makes total sense since voter rolls are maintained at the county level.

Old 11-07-2016, 07:07 AM

6,707 posts, read 8,778,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huckster View Post
Vladimir Putin as a write- in V.P. for Trump! What a great, great idea Soviet! I should've thunk of it!

Last Friday , when the very latest Weinie scandal broke (desperation) , this occurred to me.
Wouldn't it be great if the Dems. could nominate Joe Biden as the last minute caucus replacement for Hillary.
All the B.S. would've stopped. Trump would've needed Vladimir on his ticket running against, Joe.
Putin is a better choice than the two we have right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio