Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2013, 07:01 AM

318 posts, read 570,584 times

Advertisements

While I saw it at the last second (and didn't get all the details) driving in to the office this morning, I noticed a sign for La Gloria opening a new location along I-10 across from the Dominion near the site of the new Lexus dealership. I had not heard anything about this and was surprised to see it.

I know Aldaco's is opening a new location in the same general area as well in the new center being developed at I-10 and Dominion Drive next to the Chase Bank branch, and I had heard rumors a few years ago that Rosario's was also scouting the I-10 corridor. These will be nice additions to the area!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2013, 04:50 PM

1,099 posts, read 2,074,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoerneMan View Post
While I saw it at the last second (and didn't get all the details) driving in to the office this morning, I noticed a sign for La Gloria opening a new location along I-10 across from the Dominion near the site of the new Lexus dealership. I had not heard anything about this and was surprised to see it.

I know Aldaco's is opening a new location in the same general area as well in the new center being developed at I-10 and Dominion Drive next to the Chase Bank branch, and I had heard rumors a few years ago that Rosario's was also scouting the I-10 corridor. These will be nice additions to the area!
Aldacos and Silo will be opening new restaurants by the CVS out there. I havent heard of La Gloria. I know they are opening a 2nd location at the airport.

Old 03-05-2013, 05:15 PM

318 posts, read 570,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnts71 View Post
Aldacos and Silo will be opening new restaurants by the CVS out there. I havent heard of La Gloria. I know they are opening a 2nd location at the airport.
That's correct - and Kuhl Yogurt will be opening there too. I have heard that the Silo restaurant will be a seafood concept.

Speaking of La Gloria in the airport as part of the renovation, Las Palapas in Terminal A has now closed...my morning flight routine of breakfast tacos has to be modified now, which doesn't make me very happy!

Old 03-06-2013, 11:42 AM

1,836 posts, read 3,821,217 times
Quote:

Always nice to see more homegrown business expanding versus yet another chain in that area.

Eat local! Support San Antonio

BN

Old 03-06-2013, 11:50 AM

1,647 posts, read 2,063,318 times
Quote:
That's correct - and Kuhl Yogurt will be opening there too. I have heard that the Silo restaurant will be a seafood concept.

Speaking of La Gloria in the airport as part of the renovation, Las Palapas in Terminal A has now closed...my morning flight routine of breakfast tacos has to be modified now, which doesn't make me very happy!
Good, maybe you'll eat healthier now and start to lose that gut!!

Old 03-07-2013, 06:55 AM

246 posts, read 433,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminNicholas View Post
Always nice to see more homegrown business expanding versus yet another chain in that area.

Eat local! Support San Antonio

BN
Amen. I live in this area and it is chain city. HATE chains.
but is it a chain if there are two of them in town?

Old 03-07-2013, 10:38 AM

545 posts, read 1,061,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macbillybob View Post
but is it a chain if there are two of them in town?
Owner can't be both places at once, so the quality suffers.

Old 03-07-2013, 01:22 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,821,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanValdez View Post
Owner can't be both places at once, so the quality suffers.
Depends on the menu: If it's a carbon-copy of its other location, I'd say you might have some suffering issues in splitting the owner's time. If the kitchen is trusted to concoct their own menu at each eatery, there would be little issue, as it's the sous chef and line who are ultimately responsible for what goes out.

Then again, I've met horrible owners with great staff- Ultimately, the owner can sometimes make very little difference in the grand scheme of things.

BN

Old 03-07-2013, 02:28 PM

1,552 posts, read 2,329,790 times
Noticed for the first time that Mencius by the Medical Center is closed. They had a fire. Anyone know about a re-opening?

Old 03-07-2013, 02:45 PM

1,099 posts, read 2,074,227 times
Quote:

I saw the La Gloria sign and the other things you posted because I was in the area for work. I would say beginning of summer that area will be busy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio