Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2008, 07:03 PM

3,060 posts, read 7,424,644 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA Greed View Post
Most of the people who live in this area only work in the area if they own their own business.

When I moved here, I worked on Brooks CB, across town. But now I own my own business!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2008, 07:29 PM

7 posts, read 19,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post
When I moved here, I worked on Brooks CB, across town. But now I own my own business!
What type of business and any suggestions starting my own?

Old 05-23-2008, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDIGITIAL View Post
What type of business and any suggestions starting my own?
I'm in specialty advertising.

As far as starting your own business - in this area, look around and see what needs there are and if there is anything you can organize to take care of it...there are lots of new businesses and homes coming in. What would all the businesses need? A common need, that could be versatile to different biz types? Or new residents - newsletters? Some type of home delivery service? It's a big, creative world out there!

Old 05-23-2008, 08:02 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,395,601 times
yep, one day I'm going to think of something really simple and make a fortune off it.. I'm thinking something "green" would be a good way to make money. There's plenty of suckers that will pay big bucks to make themselves feel better...

Old 05-23-2008, 08:04 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,556,142 times
AH HA!!! So that IS the "agenda" you were talking about, huh?!!

Old 05-23-2008, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
yep, one day I'm going to think of something really simple and make a fortune off it.. I'm thinking something "green" would be a good way to make money. There's plenty of suckers that will pay big bucks to make themselves feel better...
It's surprising, isn't it, the amount of money that can be made with a "so-so" idea, not even a good one! With all the growth in the area, a simple idea may take off here and get you far!

Culebra is taking off, Bandera, Potranco, the south side, far west side - 211 will be huge, Stevens Ranch, etc etc...just a matter of time!

Old 05-23-2008, 08:35 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,395,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
AH HA!!! So that IS the "agenda" you were talking about, huh?!!
no..
keep guessing
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post
It's surprising, isn't it, the amount of money that can be made with a "so-so" idea, not even a good one! With all the growth in the area, a simple idea may take off here and get you far!

Culebra is taking off, Bandera, Potranco, the south side, far west side - 211 will be huge, Stevens Ranch, etc etc...just a matter of time!
yes, I can't see very many companies going under out here, or at least not for a while. The only issue would probably be if they were overpriced and didn't have the quality to back them up.

I just wish I could think of something as stupid as this: TerraPass | Fight Global Warming - Reduce your Carbon Footprint & Promote Clean Energy, but I think I'm just not that retarded.. the person that thought it up has to be laughing every day when they look at the balance in their accounts. P.T. Barnum would be proud...

Old 05-23-2008, 09:05 PM

Sometimes all it takes is a good website....

Speaking of, I changed the format for my Potranco networking site - hopefully it'll have the same effect and I can get more traffic! I combined a couple of my sites for business-related news in the area.

Old 05-23-2008, 10:48 PM

1,241 posts, read 4,335,117 times
One thing I failed to mention was Citibank and of course maybe the research place but for the most part, the other business you see around here will be hard pressed to give you more than 10 bucks an hour. Now, you can look into World Savings which I think now is Wachovia and of course Capital Group and the Hartford but I was just referring to the close places on Potranco. I mean real close. My neighbors for the most part don't work near here. Neither do I unfortunately.

Old 05-23-2008, 11:03 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,670,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
Perhaps it's time for the resurgence of PET ROCKS. There has to be a new generation ready to adopt these!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio