Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2015, 08:06 AM

1,241 posts, read 4,335,760 times

Advertisements

If you're referring to the one that runs parallel with Macdona Lacoste rd, yeah I used to hear it all the time when we built our previous home in Caracol Creek. Back then, it was the only other subdivision out here besides Westcreek and Rolling Oak Estates. (and of course Coolcrest) I'd go out for a smoke and hear the train as well as coyotes crying every night. I remember thinking how I would like some growth in the area so we wouldn't have to drive far for dinner options. Be careful what you wish for. Mendoza was eventually bought out by Walmart and that was the start of the mass construction. Does anyone remember going to Bill Millers and sitting in the drive through looking to your right wondering what was out in all that dense bush?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2015, 08:45 PM

16 posts, read 22,898 times
I was one of the first 10 homeowners to build in Trophy Ridge when it first opened for construction back in 2004. At that time the only businesses nearby were Bill Miller's and the Diamond Shamrock at 1604 and the vet clinic, Texaco, car wash, and Sonic just east of Rousseau. Stevens high school was still under construction. I am amazed at how fast this area has developed.... and ALL the new neighborhoods west of 1604 to the county line. Just insane. At one time, this area was running neck and neck with Stone Oak/281 as the fastest growing area in Bexar County.....until Alamo Ranch area started cranking up.

Old 01-31-2015, 06:27 PM

13,791 posts, read 8,156,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcresident View Post
Just drove past what we all thought would be Grosenbacher Rd. connecting with Wiseman...street sign is up at Wiseman west of Cottonwood Way and it says Westcreek Oaks. Will it connect through the new Fronterra subdivision to where WC Oaks ends now? Also, new street in the other new subdivision that is at the end of Cottonwood Way has a street sign that says Sage Run, but it doesn't look like it will connect to Sage Run on the Westcreek side. I was really hopeful that there would be a way for Westcreek families to get to Brennan without having to go out on 1604 or Talley. So shortsighted to cut off a school from the primary neighborhood it serves. Tired of it taking 30 minutes to get to Brennan from Westcreek.
It looks like Westcreek Oaks will connect into Westcreek. It also looks like the subdivision at the end of Cottonwood Way is a part of Fronterra, but at a different price point. I can't tell if Sage Run connects to Sage Run in Westcreek but here's a link to the site plan giving an idea as to what price points are and where streets will be platted. Also be sure to click on the "View Aerial" link on the Site Plan page below.

Site Plan & amenities | Fronterra at Westpointe | New Homes from the $245's | San Antonio, TX | Northside ISD

Old 02-17-2015, 05:09 PM

13 posts, read 22,190 times
Another urgent care along with an LA Fitness going in next to Academy on 1604.

http://www.barshop-oles.com/system/p...pdf?1418173727

Old 02-25-2015, 10:12 PM

63 posts, read 116,996 times
I keep receiving info in the mail about Hughes Net. Does anyone in the area have it? I have never heard of it. Any info will be appreciated. Am fed up with time warner's high cost. Thanks

Old 02-27-2015, 10:42 PM

5,584 posts, read 6,514,131 times
I just saw their ad on TV earlier today. I'm curious as well. Before I call and get info. has anyone used their service? Please go into detail. Thanks.

Old 02-28-2015, 06:46 AM

1,442 posts, read 1,342,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Transplant View Post
I just saw their ad on TV earlier today. I'm curious as well. Before I call and get info. has anyone used their service? Please go into detail. Thanks.
I had HughesNet when I lived out at the lake. It SUCKED!!! It was SLOW, SLOW, SLOW even with their higher priced plan. They screwed me over with the "special" on the install and was down hill from there. I'd loose service often and customer service was out of India and "Jason" AKA Habib was impossible to understand. Never again!

Old 04-02-2015, 10:07 PM

63 posts, read 116,996 times
Looks like we are finally getting our gas station at Potranco and Talley. Will be great. Not so far to haul gas for the lawnmower.

Old 04-03-2015, 04:34 AM

520 posts, read 782,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24annie View Post
Looks like we are finally getting our gas station at Potranco and Talley. Will be great. Not so far to haul gas for the lawnmower.
Just an FYI, the Valero is open by Redbird Ranch - for those days when you don't feel like dealing with eastbound traffic on Potranco though they tend to be $0.05-0.10 per gallon higher than Walmart/HEB - so keeping with Valero at 1604. To me that's a small price to pay to only have to deal with one light and virtually no traffic and it is almost the same distance as Walmart.

There's a liquor store, a hair place, and a car wash out there so far.

All that said, I can't wait for Nooner's, hopefully they will also have the USPS service center like on Marbach.

Old 04-03-2015, 06:40 AM

12,114 posts, read 15,011,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyVaquero View Post
Just an FYI, the Valero is open by Redbird Ranch - for those days when you don't feel like dealing with eastbound traffic on Potranco though they tend to be $0.05-0.10 per gallon higher than Walmart/HEB - so keeping with Valero at 1604. To me that's a small price to pay to only have to deal with one light and virtually no traffic and it is almost the same distance as Walmart.

There's a liquor store, a hair place, and a car wash out there so far.

All that said, I can't wait for Nooner's, hopefully they will also have the USPS service center like on Marbach.
That's a nice Liquor store. My daughter knows him. Texas Cheer. Does tastings on Fridays I think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio