Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2018, 03:32 PM

1,448 posts, read 1,187,925 times

Advertisements

I hate outdoor arenas. Those huge sheds are horrible places to see a show. If I wanted to cram in with thousands of people in the hot Texas sun I'd just go to ACL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2018, 04:23 PM

9,851 posts, read 13,701,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unintentionallyfunny View Post
Get it right. San Antonio is expanding northeast (and west and north) and had been for awhile now. You stay in your overhyped bubble up there.
okay.

Old 08-01-2018, 04:23 PM

424 posts, read 610,042 times
Derpy, what’s the point of that post? If your friends all say they’re going to go eat at a vegetarian restaurant, do you burst in the room proclaiming how you hate vegetarian food and if you wanted to eat soy based products you’d rummage through the dumpster?

I bet you would.

Old 08-01-2018, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unintentionallyfunny View Post
I bet you would.
I bet you're wrong.

The old Verizon amphitheater didn't seem to do very well. I'm just not sure that San Antonio can support a place like that. There are plenty of venues in Austin and San Antonio has the Alamodome and AT&T Center for large shows - and they have air conditioning.

If you build it, they (might) come, but I won't.

Old 08-01-2018, 06:51 PM

4,437 posts, read 5,349,686 times
San Antonio and Austin are both planning a major expansion of 35 with the state of Texas.

That will not solve the local traffic issues. People need to keep in mind this venue will not be used ever day.

To the person who said the Verizon Amphitheater failed, I don’t think that is what happened. That said, the city has added over 500,000 people and the incomes have increased dramatically.

Old 08-01-2018, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynetwo View Post
To the person who said the Verizon Amphitheater failed, I don’t think that is what happened. That said, the city has added over 500,000 people and the incomes have increased dramatically.
They put it up for sale about 6 years after it opened and it sat unused for several years. People don't typically unload goldmines, so I have a feeling it wasn't very profitable.

People like to see shows, but the older crowd who have disposable income and still like to go to concerts would probably prefer a nice indoor venue. Baking in the August sun and swatting at mosquitoes doesn't sound like much fun.

If they build it I hope it brings some good shows to San Antonio, but we're typically bypassed in favor of Austin when bands are on the road between Dallas and Houston.

Old 08-01-2018, 09:23 PM

424 posts, read 610,042 times
Derpy still thinks it’s 2007. He also thinks the sun doesn’t shine in other cities with open air theaters. People, don’t tell Phoenix they have em because no one will go when it’s hot. NO one tell Houston residents either.

Old 08-02-2018, 04:45 AM

4,437 posts, read 5,349,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpyDerp View Post
They put it up for sale about 6 years after it opened and it sat unused for several years. People don't typically unload goldmines, so I have a feeling it wasn't very profitable.

People like to see shows, but the older crowd who have disposable income and still like to go to concerts would probably prefer a nice indoor venue. Baking in the August sun and swatting at mosquitoes doesn't sound like much fun.

If they build it I hope it brings some good shows to San Antonio, but we're typically bypassed in favor of Austin when bands are on the road between Dallas and Houston.
Live Nation sold Verizon to Stream Realty with a clause saying it cannot be used as a concert venue for 7 years after the sale. I’m assuming that was so Verizon would not compete with their other local properties.

Anywho hope we get some good shows as stated above. The Tobin has really brought in a new era, but since it so small the tickets for some shows are crazy expensive.

Old 08-02-2018, 06:17 AM

1,807 posts, read 2,970,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
Austin just keeps on expanding south. The media up here is soooo excited for it. But they can escape the traffic on their drive back up north. At least with COTA there really wasn't anything out there before, instead of coming in an area that is already overloaded. SA never really recovered from losing Verizon. Hopefully, aside from traffic, this is a good addition to the concert scene in south and central Texas.
Lol. Nothing says Austin like Schertz!

Old 08-02-2018, 06:53 AM

9,851 posts, read 13,701,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXEX06 View Post
Lol. Nothing says Austin like Schertz!
We’re kind of like a weed. We just latch on where we can. I talked to someone on Facebook who asked if Schertz would be like Austin because she was looking for a cheaper alternative. That was June. I’m still laughing. But seriously, there will be people up here saying what I’m saying. Not saying it’s right, or that it’s trye, but it will happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio