Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2018, 05:39 PM

109 posts, read 115,279 times

Advertisements

I am moving into a Pulte new build home in Sun City Hill Country Retreat. It is pre-plumbed for a water softener. So far I have been given two recommendations:
  1. Clack WS1 from Texas Blue Water Filtration
  2. Elite 100 from Elite Water System
I would appreciate comments from anyone that has experience with either of these, or has a better suggestion. I would prefer to go with a company that does a lot of business in the Alamo Ranch area. My budget is around $1500.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Birdman03; 08-17-2018 at 05:41 PM.. Reason: title
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2018, 05:50 PM

5,576 posts, read 6,503,361 times
This topic has been discussed ad nauseum in this forum. Do a search for "Water Softeners" in the San Antonio forum and you will find many suggestions and opinions.

Old 08-19-2018, 03:21 PM

109 posts, read 115,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar 77 View Post
This topic has been discussed ad nauseum in this forum. Do a search for "Water Softeners" in the San Antonio forum and you will find many suggestions and opinions.
Yes, I read through several of the previous threads, which are quite wide-ranging. With my question I am looking for information from people who have recent experience with the companies/models that were recommended to me by the builder.

Also, I note that water hardness varies across the SA area. For that reason, I prefer a company that has experience in Alamo Ranch specifically.

Old 08-19-2018, 05:14 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,103,174 times
My "better suggestion" would be to use Texas Redneck's company. He installed my water softener a few years ago and it's been far better than the Culligan unit it replaced. He knows his stuff.

Old 08-28-2018, 11:10 AM

814 posts, read 675,953 times
I bought from a jake-leg supplier 5 years ago. He buys from a local factory/distributor. Clack control head, conventional salt technology.

50% discount from those that advertise heavily.

I'm not averse to a little risk/reward calculation on something this simple, not worth over-thinking it.

Old 08-28-2018, 04:40 PM

7,130 posts, read 11,830,892 times
reasonator, one thing to remember - service after the sale is important. Was on a service call today - first one for this customer. Unit was installed over 15 years ago. 45 minutes on site, and he's back up and running.

Old 08-28-2018, 08:17 PM

814 posts, read 675,953 times
Yes, they are simple and fast to fix and most anyone in the business can do it.

Old 08-29-2018, 10:53 AM

1,514 posts, read 890,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdman03 View Post
I am moving into a Pulte new build home in Sun City Hill Country Retreat. It is pre-plumbed for a water softener. So far I have been given two recommendations:
  1. Clack WS1 from Texas Blue Water Filtration
  2. Elite 100 from Elite Water System
I would appreciate comments from anyone that has experience with either of these, or has a better suggestion. I would prefer to go with a company that does a lot of business in the Alamo Ranch area. My budget is around $1500.

Thanks in advance.
I too am having a home built by Pulte/Centex homes. My small home will be built by the end of this year. I too am having my house pre-plumbed and in the market for a water softener.

Despite any type of criticism towards you from others, I think it is good what you are doing, shopping and asking around instead of going with the first company you research or the first companies that reach out to you to sell you something, whether it be this forum or anywhere.

While some have mentioned service is important, a good quality, reliable and sturdy Water softener can be repaired by any adequately trained person. So getting a durable, good quality water softener at a good price from a reputable company who deals with installing them to start off is probably the best option.

Please do me a favor and provide the price quotes on this thread for each of the water softener companies you call. I havent called around yet so by you doing this, you could help me and help others here in SA. Tons of people are moving here to SA and new builds are going up a lot outside the loop so your thread, your research and your openness to sharing quotes and information here will help me and lots of other people.

Thank you.

Old 08-31-2018, 05:37 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,450,912 times
We just had TexasRedneck install a new water softener in our Pulte house in Del Webb Hill Country Retreat and VERY happy with the price, the unit itself and the water condition....have not needed service and do not expect anything except the same exceptional service we got when we bought it if/when service is needed....HIGHLY recommend you contact him!

Old 09-04-2018, 05:34 PM

83 posts, read 183,026 times
Default Contact Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
Thank you, Bo and Paka.....I do my best to provide a good, honest service and product!

TexasRedneck...how do I contact you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: