Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2020, 04:09 PM

7,130 posts, read 11,838,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momanne3 View Post
I love how everyone on this forum always has to reply with a negative comment. That’s what’s wrong with society.
Actually, my comments weren't negative - that you took them that way speaks volumes. It was an observation, and a viewpoint. And part of your response exemplified my point - there ARE lousy drivers out there - and you want your kids to be prepared for them. Each inspector is going to have certain criteria they look for, based on state requirements. Some might be less personable than others - that's life.

I certainly hope you have a better day - perhaps getting all that off your chest made you feel better. I always find it interesting that those accusing others of being rude somehow think it's permissible for them to be insulting and rude.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2020, 08:07 AM

68 posts, read 44,768 times
As a retired medical professional now serving the community as a professional driver, I've arrived at the conclusion that over 50% of motorists have no business on the road, and should have their licenses revoked. Period.

Drivers licenses are handed out like candy. Having a pulse should not qualify, because the privilege of driving and sharing the road is a responsibility not for everyone. Period.

Having traveled and driven extensively outside of the USA, I can assure you, our country has a LOT to learn in this subject. Many motorists treat driving as they would a participant in a video game. Again, they have no business driving.

Btw, OP's statement re. her kids "They constantly get passed and honked at by impatient jerks that decide to drive around them, down the wrong side of the road, simply because my kids opt to go the speed limit" doesn't fly. Sorry, not buying that one, and I suspect no one that drives bought it either. Hyperbole like that only diminishes your credibility.

Last, I would want my kids to have the strictest, by the book road evaluator available, and I'd seek them out, as opposed to the opposite.

Old 01-08-2020, 10:53 AM

6,707 posts, read 8,780,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momanne3 View Post
I love how everyone on this forum always has to reply with a negative comment. That’s what’s wrong with society. You can’t just be helpful and nice?! My kids, frankly, are better drivers than 90% on the road. I know that for a fact. They constantly get passed and honked at by impatient jerks that decide to drive around them, down the wrong side of the road, simply because my kids opt to go the speed limit. They constantly have to slam on their brakes because some ADULT ran through a stop sign or light. So I don’t need a lecture. I’m simply asking if people had a more flawless experience at one DMV vs another. [Mod cut: personal attack]
You just have to understand that almost everyone here on SA-CD has their own soapbox moments. Some more than others. I am just as guilty of it at times.

I wouldn't worry about the lectures too much but there was some good advice given here so I would take it into consideration.

Old 01-08-2020, 11:32 AM

52 posts, read 53,970 times
An old person driving the speed limit is treated much like the described young drivers doing the same. Just thought I would mention it.

Old 01-09-2020, 12:21 PM

6,507 posts, read 7,538,629 times
On a side note, do you call it the DMV or DPS?
I always refereed to it as DPS in Texas but know it as DMV in California.

I've also heard DPS used to refer to Texas State Troopers.

Old 01-09-2020, 12:51 PM

6,707 posts, read 8,780,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
On a side note, do you call it the DMV or DPS?
I always refereed to it as DPS in Texas but know it as DMV in California.

I've also heard DPS used to refer to Texas State Troopers.
DMV - license plate and registration, also vehicle title

DPS - drivers license but also a whole lot of other stuff...(sex offender reg, firearms, etc).

In other words, DMV has nothing to do with drivers license in Texas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio