Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2020, 08:21 AM

715 posts, read 1,356,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
How is grocery shopping now? Still a nightmare or has it calmed down some?
Anyone know how like Trader Joe’s is and Whole Foods? We know heb, Walmart, and Costco can get crazy but how are these holding up as far as traffic? We don’t live by any (whole foods, Trader Joe’s)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2020, 08:49 AM

4,329 posts, read 7,237,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davi78239 View Post
Anyone know how like Trader Joe’s is and Whole Foods? We know heb, Walmart, and Costco can get crazy but how are these holding up as far as traffic? We don’t live by any (whole foods, Trader Joe’s)
I've been to Sprouts a couple of times. Not as bad as HEB, but then Sprouts is a smaller store. No lines of people waiting to get in, and about 2-3 deep at the checkout stands. Tape markers on the floor at checkout lanes to separate customers. I just needed fill-in a couple of items, so this was easier than a big box store.

Apparently, one of the problems at HEB has been customers bringing the entire family (kids and all) along for the trip, making it even worse. HEB has started a media campaign asking customers to please come alone, if at all possible.

Old 04-03-2020, 09:38 AM

6,707 posts, read 8,780,002 times
Can someone tell our Mayor to stop extending the stay at home order?

I know that him and many others don't have to worry about the economic and financial impact this causes for some of us but I don't think the benefit of extending it outweighs the risk anymore at this point.

I am at the tipping point where I feel it is time to just get back to living our lives the way it was before and face the risk. I did not feel that way before.

Old 04-03-2020, 11:12 AM

858 posts, read 681,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure110 View Post
Can someone tell our Mayor to stop extending the stay at home order?

I know that him and many others don't have to worry about the economic and financial impact this causes for some of us but I don't think the benefit of extending it outweighs the risk anymore at this point.

I am at the tipping point where I feel it is time to just get back to living our lives the way it was before and face the risk. I did not feel that way before.
Back to normal is at least a year away. And we probably need to seriously rethink what we should do to prevent this type of emergency in the future. Large crowds and packed restaurants only help to spread viruses. How many people must die before we stop thinking about only ourselves?

Old 04-03-2020, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRoadkill View Post
Back to normal is at least a year away. And we probably need to seriously rethink what we should do to prevent this type of emergency in the future. Large crowds and packed restaurants only help to spread viruses. How many people must die before we stop thinking about only ourselves?
Yeah I get that and don't disagree with you for the most part. Not all of us have the luxury of working from home indefinitely and many of those that do will eventually lose their jobs as well depending how long this goes.

Point is...do we want to keep on living as hermits, rarely leaving the house and worrying about our jobs, money, toilet paper, eggs, etc? When do we say enough? What is the tipping point for you, your neighbor, friend, etc?

I am trying my best not to place the blame on the upper management of this country but personally I give them an F rating for tackling this crisis early on....I also give them an F rating for dealing with the crisis now as well.

Old 04-03-2020, 01:51 PM

52 posts, read 53,957 times
"Do we want to keep on living?" As hermits we don't have too many choices.

Old 04-03-2020, 05:48 PM

1,514 posts, read 891,096 times
Community spread now a leading cause of Covid-19 in Bexar county
https://www.expressnews.com/news/loc...y-15175623.php

The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Bexar County shot up by 82 on Thursday to a total of 313, fueled by the positive test results of 59 more residents of a Southeast Side nursing home.

For the first time during the crisis, the number of cases attributed to community spread — 82 — was higher than travel-related cases, which stood at 79, Mayor Ron Nirenberg said during the daily coronavirus briefing.

Old 04-03-2020, 07:49 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,950,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure110 View Post
I am trying my best not to place the blame on the upper management of this country but personally I give them an F rating for tackling this crisis early on....I also give them an F rating for dealing with the crisis now as well.
Here come the Armchair Quarterbacks.

Old 04-03-2020, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Here come the Armchair Quarterbacks.
Not surprised you made that comment based on which side of bread you like to butter.

Old 04-04-2020, 04:27 AM

1,641 posts, read 2,410,674 times
Looks like I have eaten my last Friday Special at LaFonda.

Cowardly owner sends letter to employees to inform then of restaurants' closings.

https://news4sanantonio.com/news/loc...Mzx5IrI3bYBDwE

Last edited by WilGar; 04-04-2020 at 04:52 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio