Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 08:58 PM

23 posts, read 65,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smis View Post
It is not anything like google.. google is filled with very intelligent high salaried staff.

ummm, Google employees have historically had very low salaries. They are given large stock option grants, but when the stock isn't going up.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2009, 09:01 PM

60 posts, read 140,899 times
Neat video. I had no idea how much progress they have made so far (and it looks like little if that video is any indication). The video says that the main part of it will be finished in two years.

Old 05-07-2009, 07:50 PM

75 posts, read 192,248 times
My husband applied to Rackspace for a job several times but no replies. He has a two-year associate degree in computers plus 20 yrs plus years experience in military and experience in civilian world. If you lk at the qualification(s) for computers experience, they are looking for someone with high school experience. I am not saying this because he is my husband but he is good with computers. They are giving up on a good opportunity and a future that will help them move up higher in computer work.

Old 05-07-2009, 09:12 PM

437 posts, read 638,608 times
I work at the health science center. But I applied for Rackspace before that. I tried to get into anything I could because I was just out of college and looking for experience. I even had a referrall from within Rackspace but still didn't get hired I had a phone interview and then I came there in person and was interviewed by several people over span of 4 hours. They shoulda offered me lunch or something lol. That's what we do.

Anyway, from what I got out of Rackspace, they either want to hire young people and start them cheap and/or this is my opinion but they seem to be very interested in your personality. If they don't think you have a cool, outgoing, fun pesonality right off the bat they don't seem too interested in you. I'm 26 myself and very college-type young adult but was nervous as hell during the interview, but I didn't see much of an older crowd at all.

It would have been nice to work there since I live down the street. They get tons of applications a day. They do have great career paths for peole working there though.

Either way, being state employeed right now is nice. But we are known for many of our employees jumping over to Rackspace because they will start you well compared to the raises they give out here.

As for the location of Rackspace, I look forward to seeing Walzem continue to improve and develop and be what it used to be, though I'll be moving to the north side by the time Rackspace is done.

Old 05-08-2009, 05:27 PM

1,131 posts, read 1,779,323 times
Ground broke today for a 1 billion dollar development called Rea (I may be spelling that wrong, pronounced Ray-uh) which is the development being talked about next to Rackspace.

This is from the City of Windcrest site:

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/5328/windcrestgb.png

Old 05-09-2009, 12:57 AM

Oops, it's Rhya, pronounced Rye-Uh.

http://www.dpz.com/project.aspx?Project_Number=719&Project_Name=Rhya (broken link)

Old 05-11-2009, 07:25 AM

130 posts, read 126,599 times
Wow, looks impressive.

Congratulations!

I certainly hope the neighborhood gets what it deserves out of this.

Old 05-11-2009, 09:01 AM

I forgot to post this.

Video and article of the ground breaking.

Groundbreaking Signals Revitalization Hopes - News Archive Story - KSAT San Antonio (http://www.ksat.com/newsarchive/19408706/detail.html - broken link)

Old 05-11-2009, 05:17 PM

1,707 posts, read 2,983,094 times
The project looks awesome!

I know it's 10 miles up the road, but does anyone have any new information about Cibolo's new town center/downtown?

Old 05-12-2009, 06:50 AM

130 posts, read 126,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonfresh View Post
I forgot to post this.

Video and article of the ground breaking.

Groundbreaking Signals Revitalization Hopes - News Archive Story - KSAT San Antonio (http://www.ksat.com/newsarchive/19408706/detail.html - broken link)

..., uhhhh no completion date.., that is too bad! Not a great sign.. but in these economic times a developer would be an absolute 'fool' to nail that down!

As long as they can keep the low-income housing ratio at the bottom of the scale, this looks VERY promising.

I am impressed!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio