Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2021, 08:30 PM

245 posts, read 236,539 times

Advertisements

We need more Bucees, not less. Add more
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2021, 08:52 PM

2,409 posts, read 1,530,131 times
My Jeep is incapable of passing a buc-ees without turning in by itself.

Today I went to the Port Lavaca's Buc-ees. It has to be the tiniest buc-ees ever.

Old 03-15-2021, 11:16 PM

4,490 posts, read 4,984,317 times
Why?
Because everyone knows everything is BIG IN TEXAS!
Here in Georgia people are getting wind of
Buccee! I'm seeing more stickers and tshirts with the red beaver logo than ever before.

I'm an obnoxious fan!
Got the t-shirts to prove it.

Old 03-15-2021, 11:43 PM

2,382 posts, read 3,502,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monello View Post
My Jeep is incapable of passing a buc-ees without turning in by itself.

Today I went to the Port Lavaca's Buc-ees. It has to be the tiniest buc-ees ever.
My son and I drove by that one a few years ago. Looked like an old 7-11 store!

Old 03-16-2021, 07:04 AM

6,707 posts, read 8,780,002 times
There is only one thing that gets me to stop at Buc-ee's. Their rueben sandwich.

It is to die for and I got hooked on them a couple years ago so thankfully there isn't a Buc-ee's near me.

I am not that crazy about the whole concept overall.

Oh and not having clean bathrooms seems to be first world problems. People are so dirty and filthy in bathrooms here that Buc-ee's seems to need a small army of attendants always cleaning in there, otherwise it wouldn't be possible. Can't be cheap either at $15/hr for every professional bathroom cleaner.

Old 03-16-2021, 05:00 PM

9,899 posts, read 6,602,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
I absolutely don't have any beef with the place. Just wonder why NB needs a gas station/convenience store that is largest in the world.
I think somewhat smaller would work too.. Less concrete print in that area.
This land won't be ever used for something else due to the gasoline pipes and possible leakage. Cleanup is very expensive.

A Buc-ee is fine. Great store. Clean restrooms. Good pay. Lots of stuff to buy. Cult following. I get it.
Just why so big? Not that we are the most touristy place in the world.
The question is about the size, not the store...
Some gas station is going to have to be the largest, what's wrong with it being in NB?

Old 03-16-2021, 06:10 PM

6,507 posts, read 7,538,629 times
^ Between all the major metros, Austin-San Antonio on IH 35 likely has the highest traffic and is probably their biggest cash cow as opposed to:

IH35 Austin-Dallas
IH45 Houston-Dallas
IH10 Houston-San Antonio
IH10 El Paso-San Antonio. This one being the only corridor without one...for now.

Old 03-16-2021, 07:15 PM

9,899 posts, read 6,602,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
^ Between all the major metros, Austin-San Antonio on IH 35 likely has the highest traffic and is probably their biggest cash cow as opposed to:

IH35 Austin-Dallas
IH45 Houston-Dallas
IH10 Houston-San Antonio
IH10 El Paso-San Antonio. This one being the only corridor without one...for now.
Supposively, there's plans for one that's currently getting the infrastructure ready to build.

Also, as a Houstonian, I like to see my hometown home grown businesses grow even when I don't fully enjoy their product. It gives us a a good home made field. Whether it be Buc-Ee's, Academy, Landry's/Golden Nugget, etc.

Old 03-18-2021, 04:51 PM

1,131 posts, read 1,234,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
I get it.
Just why so big? Not that we are the most touristy place in the world.
The question is about the size, not the store...
To get noticed maybe? There are a lot of gas stations on the road, but this one actually gets noticed and attracts travelers.

Old 03-19-2021, 10:38 AM

6,707 posts, read 8,780,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorChip View Post
To get noticed maybe? There are a lot of gas stations on the road, but this one actually gets noticed and attracts travelers.
It is their bill board advertising and that chipmunk logo that gets people all excited. I think the bill boards are obnoxious too. Who wants to see the logo every few miles for the next hundred miles?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio