Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2022, 03:58 PM

1,038 posts, read 879,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar 77 View Post
Are you saying this is a made up story? Did you even read it? This sounds pretty legit to me. Yea, The Blaze is a politically right news source. I don't believe for a minute they would make this up, it would blow up in their face. It can easily be disproven if it is made up. Just how would you explain this? I'd really like to know, because I believe it is true 100%.
I never said anything about the source, other than inferring the site having its own agenda.

Centrist news is what I usually go for. This is not that site.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2022, 03:47 AM

1,448 posts, read 1,189,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBaby View Post
Yes, which saves lives. I don't see the problem there.
There's no problem - other than the mandates, of course. I'm vaccinated, but I wouldn't get my young child vaccinated. As is so often the case, the government asks for an inch and then takes a mile.

Quote:
These vaccines were never meant to prevent getting sick, much like a flu shot. It simply reduces the chances of getting it (and by proxy transmitting it)
Incorrect. We were initially told that it would prevent infection and therefore stop the pandemic in its tracks. Instead, with more than 60% of the population vaccinated, we encountered record numbers of cases.

Quote:
People get other forms of vax all the time. Flu, chicken pox, MMR, hep, shingles, HPV, tetanus, pneumonia, etc. This is just another vax and another tool in keeping yourself healthy.
It's not just another vax, as ordinary people have been fired from their jobs, forbidden entry to most venues, and prevented from traveling if they aren't vaccinated. Ever seen that happen to someone who hasn't had a tetanus shot?

Quote:
People can argue all they want, but science is what wins these kinds of battles.
As we've seen far too many times in recent years, politics and power struggles can co-opt science for nefarious purposes. That's how we end up with Canadian trucker convoys.

Old 02-01-2022, 08:36 AM

1,038 posts, read 879,355 times
Link to a major news outlet with these claims would be nice. We were never told it would 100% prevent COVID. It's a brand new vaccine within existing technology. That's just not possible. Common sense, kids.

Kids need certain vaccines to enroll in school. Many jobs require vaccines to work. Doctors, international business, etc.

And if you really don't like the way the gov't here functions, you're free to move somewhere you think it's better.

Old 02-01-2022, 09:59 AM

3,305 posts, read 1,430,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpyDerp View Post

It's not just another vax, as ordinary people have been fired from their jobs, forbidden entry to most venues, and prevented from traveling if they aren't vaccinated. Ever seen that happen to someone who hasn't had a tetanus shot?
Sure. I’ve read about instances where kids who did not have measles vaccines were not permitted to enroll in public schools, and similar situations for medical staff in hospital settings who refuse to get standard flu shots. When I was working (retired now) my employer required me to get a Hepatitis vaccine before traveling to my duty assignment in Southeast Asia…had I not taken the shots, I would have been let go as it was either take the assignment in Asia or find a new gig.

Old 02-01-2022, 03:12 PM

6,707 posts, read 8,788,309 times
I wish some people were more fluent in silence, not "science".

Old 02-01-2022, 06:20 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,569,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpyDerp View Post
1. Vaccines offer little - if any - protection against infection. They'll reduce the severity of your infection, but they won't stop the spread.

2. Wearing masks does little to prevent the spread. Even the CDC says so...on occasion.

3. What sense does it make to prevent travel from other countries, when we're at something like 500,000 new cases per week? It's literally everywhere.
I realize that the vaccine doesn't prevent the virus, it does help with its symptoms. If masks are useless, then why do healthcare providers wear them in the operating room? They must be somewhat useful! Why invite more virus into our country when we are trying to get a handle on our own population! People complained about the Mexicans bringing it over the borders, now you are thinking it might be okay for foreigners to visit? If people were so worried about keeping people from crossing the border of Mexico, why not all four sides of our border?

Old 02-01-2022, 06:22 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,569,890 times
Quote:
Link to a major news outlet with these claims would be nice. We were never told it would 100% prevent COVID. It's a brand new vaccine within existing technology. That's just not possible. Common sense, kids.

Kids need certain vaccines to enroll in school. Many jobs require vaccines to work. Doctors, international business, etc.

And if you really don't like the way the gov't here functions, you're free to move somewhere you think it's better.

Amen!

Old 02-01-2022, 10:02 PM

3,305 posts, read 1,430,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure110 View Post
I wish some people were more fluent in silence, not "science".
Completely agree Azure. Couldn’t have said it better myself Azure. So right Azure.

Old 02-21-2022, 11:44 AM

1,641 posts, read 2,412,669 times
Intended to just walk away from this thread; however, CDC appears to purposefully be withholding data since it does not match their narrative. It seems Scotland is doing the same thing. I want the unvarnished facts; I'll make my mind up.

In the article, the admission that the CDC was as much a political organization versus a scientific entity was a flagrant admission of what was long recognized.

The CDC in another posting showed the lost year in education, alone, had an economic impact of
17 TRILLION dollars ($17,000,000,000, 000). The costs in savings lost, marriages destroyed, depression, suicides and on and on cannot have a price put on it.

In my travels to other states, I have walked into empty hotels, restaurants struggling to remain afloat, and a general feeling of loss.

Dan Patrick said that he would gladly have sacrificed his life so his grandchildren did not have to live in COVID bondage. I have expressed the same. My grandchildren have missed no school and have never worn a mask.

Thank God, we live in Texas.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/cdc-isnt-...124915536.html

Old 02-21-2022, 12:18 PM

6,707 posts, read 8,788,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilGar View Post
Thank God, we live in Texas.
Amen brother.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio