Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2022, 07:33 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,725 posts, read 58,067,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I haven't read the whole thread. DISCLAIMER - LOL.

Anyway, here's my take on it:

1) Masks aren't for our protection - they're for the protection of other people....
I am 60 years old. I keep active. I am vaxxed. I am boosted. I wear a mask sometimes because even though I know they are mostly to keep others safe, I believe they also keep me somewhat safe. Most importantly, I believe, I keep my immune system healthy with vitamins and supplements. I haven't been sick in years. Knock on wood.

I'm not in favor of any sort of mandates but I am in favor of people taking responsibility for their own health. AND IF YOU'RE SICK WITH ANYTHING, STAY HOME AND AVOID CONTACT WITH OTHER PEOPLE. ...
I'll add... STAY HOME if you are in confined indoor public places and refuse to wear a mask for the safety of the vulnerable ones about us.

and... Test daily if you interact with the public.

In an airport at the moment watching the city police usher out a very childish and combative 250# baby. non-masker.. A waste of 6 police officers time. The rules are that you mask in airports. If not... don't travel by air. Very, very simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2022, 06:25 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,566,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
It's called "Follow the money". Lupus patients are known to not get Covid19, and it was traced back to the drug they take. Funny....FDA won't approve its' use. As I said, follow the money.
My relative who just passed away had lupus. She was vaxxed, and always was nervous to be around those who weren't or didn't wear a mask. The medications that she treated her lupus with, were so hard on her body and she has so many side effects from them. So, I don't think I would want to take those meds for COVID.

Old 01-30-2022, 06:31 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,566,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilGar View Post
Vaccines-
Effective for Delta
Probably lessens the severity of Omicron
Next mutation-who knows

Prevention
Zinc
Vitamin D
Vitamin C
Multivitamin that enhances immunity
Melatonin

Early Intervention

Currently no "approved" course of drugs.
Doctors that use effective but unapproved drugs are blackballed
Antivirals that have been developed are unavailable but no enacting of Defense Production Act to get them on shelves.
(is it purposeful or incompetance)? OR is the medical community better financially compensated with a COVID patient being in the hospital. Remember that a premium was paid to the hospital with a positive diagnosis.

Does this answer the question or was it too rambling?
Those vitamins you listed are not going to prevent this virus! My young daughter-in-law is one of the healthiest people I know, takes supplements etc., refused the vaccine and got COVID and was sicker than a dog. The only thing that is going to prevent this is by living as a hermit away from civilization. If everyone would get the vaccine, wear a mask, keep people from coming in from other countries until this is under control, I think this would just sizzle out.

Old 01-31-2022, 03:40 AM

1,448 posts, read 1,187,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarragon View Post
If everyone would get the vaccine, wear a mask, keep people from coming in from other countries until this is under control, I think this would just sizzle out.
1. Vaccines offer little - if any - protection against infection. They'll reduce the severity of your infection, but they won't stop the spread.

2. Wearing masks does little to prevent the spread. Even the CDC says so...on occasion.

3. What sense does it make to prevent travel from other countries, when we're at something like 500,000 new cases per week? It's literally everywhere.

Old 01-31-2022, 08:06 AM

1,641 posts, read 2,410,674 times
https://www.theblaze.com/news/kiriba...e%20Daily%20AM

Looks like there is no escaping the virus.

Old 01-31-2022, 11:20 AM

1,038 posts, read 876,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarragon View Post
Those vitamins you listed are not going to prevent this virus.
Agreed. Supplements won't prevent this. Especially the ones mentioned.

Old 01-31-2022, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpyDerp View Post
They'll reduce the severity of your infection
Yes, which saves lives. I don't see the problem there.

These vaccines were never meant to prevent getting sick, much like a flu shot. It simply reduces the chances of getting it (and by proxy transmitting it), but also in the event you do, the symptoms will be much less.

People get other forms of vax all the time. Flu, chicken pox, MMR, hep, shingles, HPV, tetanus, pneumonia, etc. This is just another vax and another tool in keeping yourself healthy.

People can argue all they want, but science is what wins these kinds of battles.

Old 01-31-2022, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilGar View Post
https://www.theblaze.com/news/kiriba...e%20Daily%20AM

Looks like there is no escaping the virus.

The Blaze? Really?

I wouldn't call them a source for much of anything.

Old 01-31-2022, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
It's called "Follow the money". Lupus patients are known to not get Covid19, and it was traced back to the drug they take. Funny....FDA won't approve its' use. As I said, follow the money.

Meh. Until there's a formal study, I don't buy it. I have family members with lupus. You don't want to be on those meds. Incredibly tough on the body.

They said the same thing about HIV medication and how it could be used to battle COVID, which turned out to be completely false.

Double-blind studies with positive results: I'll believe it when I see it.

Old 01-31-2022, 12:44 PM

5,583 posts, read 6,510,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBaby View Post
The Blaze? Really?

I wouldn't call them a source for much of anything.
Are you saying this is a made up story? Did you even read it? This sounds pretty legit to me. Yea, The Blaze is a politically right news source. I don't believe for a minute they would make this up, it would blow up in their face. It can easily be disproven if it is made up. Just how would you explain this? I'd really like to know, because I believe it is true 100%.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio