Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2022, 04:01 AM

658 posts, read 722,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilGar View Post
HEADLINE

(IN FALL)

COVID Variant Omega 3 Strikes, Schools Report As Many as Three Students Have Running Noses, Awaiting Federal Guidance as to Safety of Kleenex Being Distributed
My brother in law died of covid but thanks for making it sounds like he didn't matter at all and his life was nothing and just mocking everyone who tries to keep the population as safe as possible.
[Mod cut: personal]

Last edited by elnina; 01-17-2022 at 08:31 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2022, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure110 View Post
I didn't see it that way (he did state factual information). Most, if not all disposable masks are "Chinese manufactured".

Must be you.
Buy one from United States Mask Company. US manufactured in Texas of all places. Go forth and purchase, then cover your face.

Old 01-17-2022, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBaby View Post
A lot of what you have in your home is made in Asia.

Everyone in this thread has Chinese made products in their houses.

Let's not get all high and mighty: Have some respect for what a GLOBAL ECONOMY really means.
like when people start about not wanting Communism but don't seem to realize the USA can't function without China. A huge amount of products we have are manufactured there and the idea is that it's just too expensive to manufacture here in the USA. It's about US companies maximizing profit and getting into thet big old Communist bed because that bed is lucrative. It's stupid for Americans to whine about Communism when they support it every time they purchase anything made there or any company who manufactures stuff there.

Old 01-17-2022, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynetwo View Post
Your grandchild is over 1,000 times more likely to die in a car accident than from COVID so no it really isn't.
It isn't about numbers, it's about this idea of "freedom" everyone keeps yakking about. As if we're free AT ALL. Freedom is and always has been an illusion. We like to think we're free and none of us actually are or ever will be. Why do we have laws that say you can't consume alcohol in the parking lot of a 7-11? What's THAT all about? Is there any super danger in doing that? Great high risk to life and limb? Maybe someone will get drunk and walk into a wall? What are the facts and figures governing that law?

Old 01-17-2022, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynetwo View Post
Why do you care if someone else is vaccinated? It is almost like people yelled from the roof tops to follow the science and now they are throwing away the science.

Most creditable epidemiologist have already said COVID is here to stay so we will be doing this dog and pony show every year for the foreseeable future.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-00396-2

https://www.sciencealert.com/covid-1...pert-consensus
Maybe we should just abolish all the vaccines because meh, who cares, eh? If you're afraid of measles, stay home. Let the people with measles have fun and live their best life. ANd so forth and so on.

Old 01-17-2022, 05:23 AM

1,012 posts, read 1,119,686 times
The people who rant about not wanting to follow the CDC and Fauci have drank someone’s KoolAid and will be dead soon enough. Darwin at work, eliminated from the voting pool while they recklessly infect innocent others. So selfish, with their tin foil hats. Obviously Texan as they would have it no other way as to always have polar opposite positions from anyone who cares about the greater good of the population or democracy. They didn’t willingly join the union so why should we expect them to willingly protect the overall population of the United States.

Old 01-17-2022, 05:42 AM

1,641 posts, read 2,410,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamillaB View Post
My brother in law died of covid but thanks for making it sounds like he didn't matter at all and his life was nothing and just mocking everyone who tries to keep the population as safe as possible. It's clear you aren't doing your part or being a moral human.
I am truly sorry your brother-in-law died.

Your quoted reference, to my posting, however, was in reference to school children and masks in school. The COVID-19 and its variants have been extremely rare infecting 24 and unders. Both the chance of contracting the disease and dying from it are much less, for this group, than in a typical flu season.

I have had friends that have been in the ICU and one die. It still does not change my disdain for the social, economic and emotional costs placed on our country by political zealots.

Old 01-17-2022, 05:34 PM

6,707 posts, read 8,778,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamillaB View Post
Uh but I've worked remotely for 23 years. You think I should be forced to go work in the office now all of a sudden for what reason, exactly? Not everyone is working from home because of the pandemic. I've been doing it since 1998 with only one stint outside for about 6 months in all those years. Why on earth should I have to work in an office if I haven't done for so long? This is ludicrous.

Also we have made great advances in online learning over the past 20 years that allowed me to also take college courses online (I went to college in person in my younger years and wanted to supplement my education -- online was convenient and I could shop around for good pricing per credit.)

We've also had online schools available to kids and teens for YEARS now. K12 and Connections Academy being two public or private options, plus countless private options. It has not destroyed kids to learn online. They do everything else online, anyway. It probably would fit best into their lifestyles. Get em off Minecraft and into a classroom. They're going to be online no matter what you do, anyway.

Why on earth is working and being educated online seen as a bad thing? These two things are probably the best things to come out of the internet.
I wasn't going to respond but I just wanted to point out after reading all of your responses in this thread today.....I have to say no matter what anybody says...they won't change your mind. Just stop trying to change other people's minds if you are not open to listening to others.

My comment that you quoted applied to those that were working in offices and then were working remotely because of covid. The same people that still go out to shop and eat at resturants but still work remotely for "safety". Had nothing to do with people that worked remotely before covid was a thing.

As for online schools and homeschooling. In my opinion....kids need social interaction. It has been reported that some children are committing suicide because they are being robbed of that.

Old 01-18-2022, 07:50 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,950,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashfearless View Post
The people who rant about not wanting to follow the CDC and Fauci have drank someone’s KoolAid and will be dead soon enough. Darwin at work, eliminated from the voting pool while they recklessly infect innocent others. So selfish, with their tin foil hats. Obviously Texan as they would have it no other way as to always have polar opposite positions from anyone who cares about the greater good of the population or democracy. They didn’t willingly join the union so why should we expect them to willingly protect the overall population of the United States.
Like a broken record.

Old 01-18-2022, 08:13 PM

7,130 posts, read 11,836,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashfearless View Post
They didn’t willingly join the union so why should we expect them to willingly protect the overall population of the United States.
Someone has a VERY poor knowledge of history, among other things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio