Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 10:26 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,416,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello13685 View Post
This is cracking me up (in an entertainment sense)! I hope that members in Blue states are reading this for kicks too!! :0
I'm from a blue state and I'm not with you. Ted Nugent is from the same state and he's not laughing either...
I think the only ones getting a kick are the lavender and fuchsia states, but only if they're wearing their prescription rose-colored glasses/blinders
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2008, 10:56 PM

4,132 posts, read 7,203,305 times
Ted Nugent rules....that said, as for home defense a 12 gauge loaded with 6 rounds of bb shot for close in work (less than 30 feet). Next time you go grocery shopping go to the meat section and look at the hamburger, that's what you'll see if you ever have to dispatch a burglar with the above. (and no, they're not even gonna even think about trying to get to you)

Old 07-03-2008, 11:54 PM

944 posts, read 3,065,286 times
No offense. I just find the gun conversation entertaining because I know absolutely nothing about guns or the cultures that many people typically associate with them. By culture I'm talking about this whole chewing tobacco "kick your a#%" mentality that seems to go with gun ownership. It's truly educational to me. I know nothing about guns; I'd be terrified to hold one.

Old 07-04-2008, 08:54 AM

1,518 posts, read 2,764,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
I'm from a blue state and I'm not with you. Ted Nugent is from the same state and he's not laughing either...
Blue [MI], but not exactly the most progressive state which was the point [I think!] Ted Nugent's pad KICKS A$$ and I'm pro gun too but admittedly many folks would find this thread distinctly 'TX humorous' (which IMHO isn't a bad thing!) inc. myself.

From, 'I bought my husband a shotgun for his B-Day' to majormadmax posing with a HUGE RIFLE to concise how-tos on how to bag a burglar, to my personal fav:

"Small children have a very tough time with the "pump action" as their little arms arent' quite long/strong enough to load a round into the chamber."

Oh, shucks, it's July 4th, I need to go fill up Betsy and grab some BBQ... YUM-YUM!

Happy 4th to all!

Old 07-04-2008, 11:39 AM

1,425 posts, read 3,318,832 times
Hunting/fishing are great sports... anytime you can be out in mother nature with your own thoughts... it is a feeling that you cannot beat. Hunting is in the genetic makeup and I think that it is a very healthy sport. Anything to get away from the concrete jungle for a day or two is heaven. Another big perk is fresh game... venison, quail, fish. I actually know some "real men" that like to hunt and fish... they can read too!
Now shooting people is something that I hope to God that I never have to do and would only do this if I knew someone was going to hurt me and there was no way out. I would try to get away first and then call the police. I would not attempt the "make my day" scenario which is a fantasy. Key word..... RUN! Run like the wind! Don't try to be Clint Eastwood because that is how it goes in the movies but not in reality.

Old 07-04-2008, 06:49 PM

8,399 posts, read 23,010,747 times
Back on topic. Found this interview with the homeowner who shot the intruder...

Cheers! M2

Old 07-17-2008, 10:06 PM

27 posts, read 77,398 times
I thought god condems killings

Old 07-17-2008, 10:11 PM

4,132 posts, read 7,203,305 times
He does when you spell "condemns" right.....

Old 07-17-2008, 10:17 PM

27 posts, read 77,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Forest View Post
He does when you spell "condemns" right.....
D'oh!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio