Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 06:01 PM

12,114 posts, read 15,011,257 times

Advertisements

I noticed on one of the other threads that someone stated they have not received their registration renewal notice in the mail yet. I have two that are due for September and have not received the renewal notices. Anyone else? This happened a few years ago, they just didn't send them out and the renewal place was CROWDED with upset people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2008, 06:31 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,042,880 times
Mine have ALWAYS been randomly sent. When you ask them, they'll tell you, "Ma'am, it's your responsibility, we only mail those as a courtesy." Our happy tax dollars at work, again.

Old 09-08-2008, 06:34 PM
djw

951 posts, read 2,835,694 times
Not sure if my renewal was late last year, but I do remember that I waited and waited for the stickers to come in the mail. I called when I was getting really close to the end of the month. The lady I spoke to said there were really backlogged - something about being low on stock and that the city cops were aware. I finally got it about a week into the following month. Wonder if they are still backlogged?

Old 09-08-2008, 06:52 PM

32 posts, read 115,221 times
I generally receive my renewal notice (for license tags) +/- 6 wks. b/f the expiration date and go in to pick it up that last week of the month that it expires -- no muss/no fuss/no backlog/no wait!

Old 09-08-2008, 07:04 PM

3,503 posts, read 19,892,818 times
Isn't it renewable on line? I haven't gotten my renewal and hopefully can do it on line.
I hope i do not have to go into the registration office to renew. Do they make you go in if the plates are over a certain age? I think mine a 3 years old.

Old 09-08-2008, 07:06 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,042,880 times
Online renewal requirements:
TxDOT - Vehicle Registration Renewal

Old 09-08-2008, 07:41 PM

3,111 posts, read 9,211,052 times
My husband bought a used Jeep last year and changed everything over at our little annex station. He got new plates at the time.

He asked me last week if I had received the registration in the mail. I told him no. So he went into the same annex and asked the lady about it. She told him that he had been driving around illegal for a year. He told her that she was the one who took care of him last year. There is only one lady in this office and it was actually her who changed everything over last year.

She was able to get him new plates and re-did all the paperwork but he was there an hour because she had to "trick" the computer so he wouldn't get charged again.

Camper you may want to go to the tax office and ask them about it. If you are out at the lake anytime you can use the office there and you won't have to wait. Just hope the paperwork is done correctly .

Old 09-08-2008, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXtrkgrl View Post
My husband bought a used Jeep last year and changed everything over at our little annex station. He got new plates at the time.

He asked me last week if I had received the registration in the mail. I told him no. So he went into the same annex and asked the lady about it. She told him that he had been driving around illegal for a year. He told her that she was the one who took care of him last year. There is only one lady in this office and it was actually her who changed everything over last year.

She was able to get him new plates and re-did all the paperwork but he was there an hour because she had to "trick" the computer so he wouldn't get charged again.

Camper you may want to go to the tax office and ask them about it. If you are out at the lake anytime you can use the office there and you won't have to wait. Just hope the paperwork is done correctly .
The travel trailer is due in September and this will be the first year to renew it ( it's an 08) so I don't anything to take in . I looked thru all the paper work and all I have is the bill of sale from ExploreUSA it's going to be a nightmare! I hate standing in line at the tax office. I guess i will be on the phone tomorrow.

As soon as I go", I think I may have found some paper work. hope, hope, hope....

Old 09-08-2008, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
On line renewal requirements:
TxDOT - Vehicle Registration Renewal
Thanks!! I just did this but I think I messed it up. I put the wrong insurance information for the wrong vehicle but it took. I will call them tomorrow. It's still nice to know it's there! Thanks again!!!

Old 09-08-2008, 09:13 PM

269 posts, read 745,965 times
Question, how does this work in regards to having an inspection? I am going to most likely use the online system unless not getting my addy changed causes me to have to show my face. Which really is no biggy to me. I have survived CA DMV offices
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio