Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 05:04 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,672,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFRET View Post
I've seen a lot of good information on this site and you have all been very helpful.

What construction is planned between AR Marketplace and Westcreek outside of 1604? Is it retail or housing only?
Will there be retail or housing along the Wiseman BLVD road extension outside of 1604?

Thanks!
Hello Air Force Retired,

Here is a nice overhead map posted earlier by 940 that shows details of the area you refer to:

http://www.sullivan-commercial.com/U...wth%202007.pdf

BTW: West Pointe is up for sale (the sign is posted at the Wiseman extension just West of Loop 1604).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2007, 04:48 PM

410 posts, read 1,249,841 times
I saw they had a new sign up at AR Marketplace on the corner of Culebra. I could only look quick because I was moving and I needed to get from the final walkthrough to closing, but I did see the tags for Super Target and Best Buy.

Does anybody have a picture?

Old 06-15-2007, 09:02 AM

3,468 posts, read 8,556,142 times
<3SA210, was it the sign right on the corner of Culebra & 1604, or was it further in - where I could get to it and actually get outta the car to take a pic of? If so, I'm headed that way today and will try to get one for nrlatsha. (however, I'll probably need help from somebody on how to post it here! )

Old 06-15-2007, 04:08 PM

410 posts, read 1,249,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
<3SA210, was it the sign right on the corner of Culebra & 1604, or was it further in - where I could get to it and actually get outta the car to take a pic of? If so, I'm headed that way today and will try to get one for nrlatsha. (however, I'll probably need help from somebody on how to post it here! )

Just got a picture, posting now. Forgive the pic, it was taken while on the turnaround. There's also a site, Alamo Ranch Marketplace | San Antonio, TX | Archon Group Retail.

http://www.alamoranchretail.com/docs...h_siteplan.pdf

Attached Thumbnails
A New Rendering of AR Marketplace-146.jpg  

Last edited by nrlatsha; 06-15-2007 at 04:26 PM..

Old 06-15-2007, 04:41 PM

925 posts, read 1,228,076 times
There is even more retail planned for Alamo Ranch besides Alamo Ranch Marketplace.

The red is the retail, the manilla is multi-family, the gold is mixed-use, the purple is a hospital campus and the brown is a hotel. The area outlined in red is Alamo Ranch Marketplace.

Old 06-16-2007, 01:12 PM

260 posts, read 1,145,244 times
Insomniac, thanks for this great info !! Got any more AR details (which hospital, hotel is coming? When might they start on this project?) and can you reveal your source?

Oh - One more detail. I spoke with one of the realtors that has been advertising sites for lease deep inside AR (across the street from the main Pulte entrance near the CVS site). I called one of the phone numbers from one of those signs LatinoCowboy posted. Well, he said that they are doing everything very "upscale" and rich. He said that their stuff is going to be more executive-looking than AR Marketplace but that AR Marketplace was going to be exceptional. In fact, this guy happened to be the person who brokered the land deal for the Marketplace. Anyway, he said that they're going to have another Wachovia bank (banks go where the money is) and probably a McDonalds or Whataburger or Subway or something and something else (starbucks?) that I forgot. I wish I'd have asked WHEN they'll get started.

Old 06-16-2007, 02:22 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,672,056 times
I see that another Burger King is going up in that area next to the new IBC Bank. Interesting that it is near a Sonic, just like the one being built on Potranco. I thought BK was going out of business by all the establishments being closed and no new ones being built. Now it looks like they're coming back again...taking on Sonic???

Old 06-17-2007, 10:57 AM

470 posts, read 1,952,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
I see that another Burger King is going up in that area next to the new IBC Bank. Interesting that it is near a Sonic, just like the one being built on Potranco. I thought BK was going out of business by all the establishments being closed and no new ones being built. Now it looks like they're coming back again...taking on Sonic???
I also noticed the sign just recently and was wondering the same regarding Sonic. I'm sure there will be a McDonald's popping into the area as well.

Old 07-02-2007, 08:00 PM

260 posts, read 1,145,244 times
Have you seen this new article about AR Marketplace? It was recently posted on the Alamo Ranch Marketplace website:

http://www.alamoranchretail.com/docs...Ranch_SABJ.pdf

Old 09-24-2007, 01:51 PM

41 posts, read 53,107 times
I, like most everyone else on the far west side, can't wait for AR Marketplace to get done. It will be most welcome and be very handy. However, I fear the area will be just another Bandera/1604 without any real character ( I looked at the proposed rederings again). As I talked about in my other post, we need developers will build retail areas with character... not just "box" stores all lined up next to one another. Check out The Village at Stone Oak... which is actually across 281 from Stone Oak itself. It is absolutely beautiful. I know a lot of people don't want ANY retail development out here, but if it is inevitable that the stores are coming-- why not make them pretty to look at and walk around? Any predictions if we will ever get anything like that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio