Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 06:58 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,032,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by quest51210 View Post
the Kelly Field house, the old members were grandfathered into the club. they still have it and the rules are exactly like i laid them out. all it takes is knowing the right people. they didnt knock any of the old buildings down. you can rent it for $2500+food if you are a regular person
Her budget is $1500 including the food. The pwners of the Kelly Field House should come down a bit!! That's High!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2008, 07:09 AM

554 posts, read 2,307,213 times
I've been to a couple of events (bridal shower and a wedding) at Kelly Field House and was not impressed at all. Sorry - its old feeling, dark, the service was not all that, and the food sucked.

Go to San Antonio Weddings and look in their rehearsal dinner section - lots of good options there!

Old 10-18-2008, 07:17 AM

39 posts, read 116,969 times
Thanks, quest51210, for the information on the Kelly Field House. Unfortunately, we live on the North East side of town. Our church ceremony will be in Converse. Since we are near RAFB, is the RAFB NCO just as nice?

NurseDana, I checked out Los Patios. I would love to have it there but they have a minimum of $2000.

THe Man in SATX, my husband and I prefer american, italian and asian cuisine.

Thanks!

Old 10-20-2008, 07:13 PM

1,848 posts, read 4,684,084 times
icsatx -

So basically, your budget is 18.75 all inclusive, does that include tip? I would first make certain that the place you choose will allow you to bring in your own cake. That way, you can use part of the 18.75 per person for a glass of champagne per person instead of a dessert.

I would try:
Boardwalk Bistro (I think they have private seating, ask for Barbara)
Azuca (they have a private room upstairs, ask for Pierre when you call)
Capparelli's - 4 locations in SA
Is the wedding on a Saturday night? Maybe Mike would open up Green Vegetarian Cuisine. Your money would go far and the food is great. No idea if you can bring in alcohol.
You might also want to give Piatti or La Fonda on Main a try - ya never know.

Okay, editing my post. I realized this is lunch on a Sat.! Silo sounds great, but look around, knowing that this is a lunch you should be able to get more takers! And tell the managers when you talk to them that Silo will do this for you! The manager would LOVE to get a 1500 tab at a Sat. lunch, especially since you are looking at places that are not showing college football. GREAT luck to you!

Last edited by cr1039; 10-20-2008 at 07:16 PM.. Reason: realized this is lunch and not dinner :)

Old 10-20-2008, 07:17 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,292,219 times
The last time I was at the NCO club on RAFB I found it to be quite elegant. I am unsure if its seen any significant change in the last 10 years though.

Los Patios has a great atmosphere though it may be out of your way. We had our reception at Northern Hills Golf Club and it cost us right about $2,000 for food, cash bar, and the facility. We chose the view room, also has a deck and overlooks the golf course. It was very lovely.

Old 10-25-2008, 02:17 PM

CR1039, thanks for the suggestions! We will check them out!

Perticusrex, does the $2000 include taxes and gratuity?

Thanks!

Old 10-25-2008, 04:26 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,292,219 times
it looks like their prices have gone up our wedding was in June and we paid $950 for the View Room and the chicken meal was about $12 per plate. The security and bartender were included and $5.00 for linen per table. It looks like the view room is no $1100. Its still a pretty nice space but if you are really interested I would call and speak with Pete Peterson, see if he can work a deal out with you. He was pretty friendly and accomodating with us. I heard the large ballroom is gorgeous.

Old 10-27-2008, 02:51 PM

348 posts, read 1,222,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by icsatx View Post
Hi all,

My husband and I are planning to have our marriage blessed by our church. We plan to have a lunch reception after the ceremony for around 80 people (with some of them bringing their kids).

Can you please recommend restaurants with party rooms in San Antonio that can accomodate our party? We are working on a very tight budget (around $1500) for the food/reception.

I have looked at similar threads but the price was above our budget.

We are currenlty looking at Silo @ Alamo Heights. They gave us a good price (for lunch party) that we can fit in our budget but we can't add any liquor (due to the budget). Are there any other restaurants that you have tried that are similar - elegant but not too pricey?

GoTexan, I have seen your response in one thread about a party. How was your experience at Silo?

Also, we wanted to have it in a restaurant so that we don't have to pay a separate fee for the location and we don't have to worry about a lot of details (e.g. chairs, tables, servers, food, decoration, etc.)

Thanks in advance for the help!
Hi read through your post and noticed you had a question about Silo. I have had excellent service and will be hosting another event at their restaurant soon.

Here is my contact person:
Megan Augustine[/SIZE]
Silo Elevated Cuisine[/SIZE]
megan@siloelevatedcuisine.com[/SIZE]
(210) 595-1492[/SIZE]
I was able to book a luncheon for my group for around 13-15 dollars p/person.

Hope this info helps.

Another great restaurant that is private is Bin 555, located in Artisans Alley off Bitters Rd. They have excellent food and the venue is lovely.

Also look into Pompeii Restaurant Welcome to Pompeii Grill Restaurant. Off 1604 near Rolling Oaks Mall. They may be priced a bit lower and have great Italian food with a private dining room. Great value for excellent food.

Let me know if you have any questions. (feel free to send an instant message so it goes to my email if it's time sensitive)

Old 10-28-2008, 11:24 AM

Thanks, GoTexan! We will check out the Pompeii Grill as it is closest to our location. The Bin 555 pictures on their website looks nice. Thanks for the info again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio