Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2009, 07:42 PM

88 posts, read 301,629 times

Advertisements

We just bought a house out RedBird Ranch and we are closing on/around April 15th. Anyone on here that live in that subdivison? Have you have any issues with your home, neighbors or something you wished you would have done and didn't. We have our pre-inspection (walk through) tomorrow. We went out today and found a few minor things that we will point out. Any advice? We are first-time home buyers, so we will appreciate all information. Does anyone know what they will do with that land directly beside RedBird (where the real cows are)? Our house backs up to that area. Hopefully another subdivison and not anything commerical.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2009, 01:34 AM

4,263 posts, read 10,820,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA DIVA View Post
We just bought a house out RedBird Ranch and we are closing on/around April 15th. Anyone on here that live in that subdivison? Have you have any issues with your home, neighbors or something you wished you would have done and didn't. We have our pre-inspection (walk through) tomorrow. We went out today and found a few minor things that we will point out. Any advice? We are first-time home buyers, so we will appreciate all information. Does anyone know what they will do with that land directly beside RedBird (where the real cows are)? Our house backs up to that area. Hopefully another subdivison and not anything commerical.
Where are the phony cows? The imposters?

Old 03-09-2009, 05:41 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,382,068 times
There are statues of cows when you first drive into Red Bird and that's one thing I really liked about the place. A former coworker of mine moved there about a year ago and he still likes his house. Just make sure you're thorough on the walk through and don't worry about hurting anybody's feelings.

Old 04-01-2009, 07:43 PM

6 posts, read 27,888 times
Well we bought a two story and there is a crack in the 2nd floor master bath that runs from the bottom corner of the tub to the top corner of the ceiling, supposedly caused by the house adjusting to the ground. The ac is now making an unusual humming noise but it is under warranty. Other than that we love our house and dont regret a single thing about it. It is super quitet out here and the people are great. lots of military and quite a few bexar county sheriffs as well. the only thing i want to make you aware of in case you have cildren, there is a registered sex-offender Moderator cut: on coopers hawk. Other than that this is a great community and we love it. hope this helps! if not post a question and ill do my best to help you out . congradulations on your new home!!!!

Last edited by Bo; 05-29-2009 at 10:15 AM.. Reason: Replaced street address with "on" for privacy reasons.

Old 04-02-2009, 09:41 AM

88 posts, read 301,629 times
Thanks for heads up on the sex offender, unfortunately they are everywhere. If he bothers my kids then, sorry to say, but he should kiss his ass goodbye!

Old 04-02-2009, 10:06 AM

8 posts, read 22,942 times
Default More Questions...

I have also been looking at houses out that way. Does Redbird use Bexar Met water or CPS and are there any issues with them? What kind of police and fire services do you get? Trash pickup? Any info would be appreciated...

Old 04-02-2009, 04:56 PM

Bexar Met for water. SAWS for sewage, CPS for electricity, for police you are covered by Bexar county sheriffs and many live in RBR. Fire I think is Geronamo vol. fire dept. Most of us out here use Tiger for trash and recycling service but some use MD trash service. i heard that time warners land line sevice is no good but dont know from expierience. We stick to the cells. By the way Verizon gets great service out here. I think you will like livining out here especially if you want that country feel but at the same time a close community feeling. If i missed anything feel free to drop a line and ill do my best to help.

Old 04-03-2009, 06:51 PM

107 posts, read 424,000 times
We bought and moved into a new home in RBR August 2008. We love it, and have no complaints other than it is 6.5 miles to the closest store (Walmart) and Potranco is one lane. If you get behind a slow-poke it takes forever. Husband is military and it is a VERY easy drive to the base with no lights. 211 to 90 is a very easy drive.

We had no issues with our house when we first bought it other than the grass wasn't taken care of. We have had some nail pops and such and they have been FANTASTIC about taking care of everything. Their warranty guy is awesome! The pool is great and they just built a playground.

We have a very social street. Everyone is out in the evenings when it cools off. Last weekend a bunch of us met in the park for a BBQ.

Our house backs up to a green belt and we do hear the coyotes at night.

I was aware of the sex offender on Cooper's Hawk. His offense was in 1994. To me, the registered ones are less scary than the ones that haven't been caught.

Old 04-03-2009, 08:03 PM

Sure his offense was 15 rears ago but it dosent make it right does it. And that is just the one he got caught for. Please excuse me if this seems a tad strong but i have two little girls to look out for. It would be nice if I didnt have the extra worry. Luckily i happen to live next to one of those sheriffs.

Old 03-01-2010, 10:05 AM

8 posts, read 21,389 times
Default Sex offender

This thread is old but in order to have information available for anyone new who might come here and see this I thought it would be good to post an accurate response and provide an update of intelligent information.

The residents of this subdivision have a monthly community meeting and the facts in regard to the "sex offender" have been thoroughly discussed. ALL the information in regard to that case was made available by both the recording authorities and the person in question.

The facts are:

The offender was over 18 years of age
The victim was his under 18 years of age girlfriend
The relationship was consensual between the victim and the offender (charges were filed by the parents)
The offender and victim are living here in the community and have been married for over 15 years with children of their own.
The offender is respectfully maintaining his legal obligation to publicly register as a convicted sex offender

As far as this community goes, neighbors are quite friendly and watch out for each other. Any concerns can be addressed through the monthly meetings and many of our community watch and COPS programs.

Contact Spectrum Housing Association for details and questions on who to reach for more information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio