Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2010, 11:31 AM

186 posts, read 345,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
Me too!!!!!

I am still looking for those professors who told me that SA was a good place for school and I would enjoy living there.
It took 7 years of standing up in front of the classroom in this town listening to students whine because their grades were't what they wanted, or they didn't want to give presentations, write papers or do research to realize that its a different learning mind set around here. Every once in a while you'd run into a bonafide diamond in the rough...those students were fun to teach. A great deal of student attitude was influenced by profs who had been around way too long, used 20 year old syllabi, and couldn't be fired because they were tenured. This often resulted in a lack of academic discipline on the student's part...many of who wanted it it given to them..spoon feeding etc. Although I preferred teaching at the University level back East, it really doesn't matter now that I consult on ocassion and refuse to step into another classroom in this town again.

Old 07-10-2010, 11:36 AM

51 posts, read 93,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus01 View Post
It took 7 years of standing up in front of the classroom in this town listening to students whine because their grades were't what they wanted, or they didn't want to give presentations, write papers or do research. Lack of academic discipline on their part...many of who wanted it it given to them..spoon feeding etc. Although I preferred teaching at the University level back East, it really doesn't matter now that I consult on ocassion and refuse to step into another classroom in this town again.
You teach...

You teach and have terrible students who don't learn well...

You teach and have terrible students who don't learn well and have the nerve to complain.

P.S.

Was reading comprehension a skill you also taught?

I.E. your post not even relating to the topic of the thread.

Old 07-10-2010, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownlove View Post
i noticed that too. Sa students are unbelieveably lazy, low achievers.
Lady of the lake and st marys are really good examples. I don't know how parents can afford to send their kids to these crap hole low achieving schools
o.....m.....g.

Old 07-10-2010, 11:41 AM

18,495 posts, read 32,967,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metromansa View Post
o.....m.....g.
Okay that was a bit harsh, but true

Old 07-10-2010, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Okay that was a bit harsh, but true
Do you not get why I posted that? Seriously, tell me you do. Aside from that, you're obviously here with an agenda. Your insanely biased posts against SA seems to be all you bring to CD after only 6 days of posting.

And seriously, over 400 posts in just 4 days? Do you not have a job or social life?

Last edited by metromansa; 07-10-2010 at 11:55 AM..

Old 07-10-2010, 11:50 AM

I just post the truth. and I am mainly here in the evenings and week ends. I have lived in different places so I post in different forums. Not my fault you have only lived in SA and don't know better

Old 07-10-2010, 11:54 AM

Quote:
I just post the truth.
Posting your opinion ad nauseum is not posting the truth, you're aware of this, correct?

Quote:
and I am mainly here in the evenings and week ends. I have lived in different places so I post in different forums.
You've been here since Tuesday, how are you mainly here on the weekends when this is your first weekend? Oh oh, someone posting under a new name?

Quote:
Not my fault you have only lived in SA and don't know better
First off, you don't know where I've lived, I know you're an insulting, condescending and generalizing person in your real life and on this forum but please stop.

Second, I could have lived in at least one city in every state in the US and I'd still have my post count.

Old 07-10-2010, 11:59 AM

call it what you want, but you know its the truth.

Old 07-10-2010, 12:02 PM

Quote:
call it what you want, but you know its the truth.
It's your opinion guy. It's not that hard of a concept. I'm not calling it anything other than what it is.

Boy, you sure must have a lot of friends.

Old 07-11-2010, 02:19 AM

4,132 posts, read 7,198,272 times
On a lighter note, the San Antonio 100 Club is holding a Spagetti Plate Fundraiser today from 11am-6pm, $7.00 per plate. St Columbus Church, downtown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio