Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2010, 02:32 AM

1,131 posts, read 1,712,930 times

Advertisements

Found this elsewhere:

Of course, *this* particular San Antonian gets to wonderin' about them thar words yonder, mhmmmmm.......

Old 09-29-2010, 08:34 AM

4,796 posts, read 15,366,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RodLu View Post
Found this elsewhere:

Of course, *this* particular San Antonian gets to wonderin' about them thar words yonder, mhmmmmm.......
I think the key word here is "LOVE", not money. It's all relative to how much any one entity or person views "money". We all need it to get around in this life, no?

Old 09-29-2010, 09:16 PM

2,216 posts, read 4,540,786 times
I like this bankers attitude:

CNN.com - Breaking News, U.S., World, Weather, Entertainment & Video News

Old 09-30-2010, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
I think the key word here is "LOVE", not money. It's all relative to how much any one entity or person views "money". We all need it to get around in this life, no?
Oh, of course. Logical. I understand.....but: cynics might still sneer at how obscenely-opulent {and clearly representative of run-amok materialistic excess} a lot of these so-called "megachurches" are.....and that's just for starters.......

Old 09-30-2010, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamatotex97 View Post

Old 09-30-2010, 01:15 PM

Default Of course, on the other hand:

Old 09-30-2010, 03:59 PM

905 posts, read 2,959,449 times
For those that remember the old Project Terror shows and Saturday afternoon movies, I came across this site for a guy called Mister Lobo. His Cinema Insomnia site shows old movies you can watch online if you're really bored, Like Santa Claus Conquers the Martians or Monsters from a Prehistoric Planet. The show also plays lots of old commercials and movie promos - I just saw the promo for Jaws. Interesting website, too. If you like this kind of stuff!

Cinema Insomnia, with your Horror Host, Mister Lobo! - HOME

Old 10-01-2010, 12:22 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,366,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RodLu View Post
Oh, of course. Logical. I understand.....but: cynics might still sneer at how obscenely-opulent {and clearly representative of run-amok materialistic excess} a lot of these so-called "megachurches" are.....and that's just for starters.......
Doesn't the same principle apply? Organized churches are run by man....no man is perfect....ie...no church is perfect because no man is infallible. Some are just more imperfect than others.

Rodlu....what is your point to all this cynical observation of "some" churches. I get confused about any kind of hypocrisy.....business, politics, religion, cultures, people .....but if we keep our noses on our own faces and our hands on our own wheel, then we can be true to our own principles instead of pointing fingers at others' imperfections.

Old 10-01-2010, 03:30 PM

wCat: Doesn't the same principle apply? Organized churches are run by man....

Lu: True.....

wC: no man is perfect....

L: Agreed.....

wC: ie...no church is perfect because no man is infallible.

L: Agreed.....

wC: Some are just more imperfect than others.

L: If you are basically saying that "Hopefully we are *all* getting smarter and wiser each and everyday.", I again do agree.....

wC: Rodlu....what is your point to all this cynical observation of "some" churches.

L: Some are just more imperfect than others?

wC: I get confused about any kind of hypocrisy.....

L: Why? I once read somewhere that at some point we are all hypocrites. I admit that I do agree with that and I have actually agreed with it even before I read it.....

wC: business, politics, religion, cultures, people .....but if we keep our noses on our own faces and our hands on our own wheel, then we can be true to our own principles

L: "You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -Mahatma Ghandi

Agreed. Perpetual Self-Improvement 101 is in the best interest of many.....

wC: instead of pointing fingers at others' imperfections.

L: Sometimes people NEED to have others pointing fingers at them, I have certainly noticed. Formality. I indeed do believe that *some* things in life are *not* for one to decide nor critically-assess about oneself {if one indeed does certainly wish to be honest with oneself, I believe}.....otherwise one might maybe lie to oneself a bit too much about whatever in one's Insular Dysfunctional Hubris.......

"And if I close my mind in fear.....please pry it open......." -METALLICA; 'The Outlaw Torn'

Old 10-01-2010, 06:39 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,046,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
Rodlu....what is your point to all this cynical observation of "some" churches. I get confused about any kind of hypocrisy.....business, politics, religion, cultures, people
He's a follower of Anton LaVey. I thought most everyone was awares already.

By the way, RodLu, that's not an attack on you. I wouldn't care if you worshipped the cow that jumped over the moon (though I'm kinda partial to the dish that ran away with the spoon). Just wanted to make that point.

Last edited by HillCountryHotRodMan; 10-01-2010 at 06:55 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio