Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2018, 04:36 PM

1 posts, read 2,569 times

Advertisements

Hi Yall,

Some answers to above questions above and a request...2 brothers Mark, Raymond Jr. and the 2 girls (Shirley & Shirlene) are still alive, sadly Mike passed away in 2013. The shop has been gone since the mid 90's (I believe) Building was there for along time after.
Would anyone have a shirt or some printed item with the Krumm logo on it that you would be willing to sell? I am looking for some thing to add to a quilt I am making.
Thank you for your help.
Regards,
Sherry
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2018, 12:55 AM

265 posts, read 534,177 times
Oh wow. I knew Mike and Ella through the Fire Department but never connected him to the cycle shop family. (DUHH)

Old 08-24-2018, 03:36 PM

13 posts, read 10,630 times
I read post from 11 years ago mention the Chelsea Street Pub both at Ingram and I believe Windsor Park malls. But does anybody remember the name of the band, two young guys and I think one was named Scott, used to play the 70s soft-rock stuff like Billy Joel. I've been trying to remember for the last few years and for the life of me there's just no way I can. Anybody? And if it's been mentioned here before I'm not about to read through hundreds if not thousands of posts of the last 11 or so years. Lol

Old 08-28-2018, 05:56 PM

2,721 posts, read 4,388,475 times
Default Krumms Cycle shop.

So many beautiful motorcycles went through that cycle shop. One of the daughters was in my high school class there at Homes High , the outer edge of the city. Don't remember if it was Shirley, but I think it was. Cutie pie she was if memory serves me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasblue4 View Post
Hi Yall,

Some answers to above questions above and a request...2 brothers Mark, Raymond Jr. and the 2 girls (Shirley & Shirlene) are still alive, sadly Mike passed away in 2013. The shop has been gone since the mid 90's (I believe) Building was there for along time after.
Would anyone have a shirt or some printed item with the Krumm logo on it that you would be willing to sell? I am looking for some thing to add to a quilt I am making.
Thank you for your help.
Regards,
Sherry

Old 01-04-2019, 05:00 PM

1,710 posts, read 4,129,944 times
Default Ice Cream Trucks

I saw this for sale today and it brought back memories of when I was a kid. My entire childhood the Ice Cream Man would come driving down the streets in trucks just like this, same make and model. The only difference was the color of the trucks. Cravey's Ice Cream trucks were dark blue where this one is turquoise and Daniel's Ice Cream Trucks were green where this is turquoise. Treats like Popsicles were six cents and ice cream sandwiches, Dixie Doodles, Drumsticks, etc. were eleven cents.

It was nice to see a picture of those old trucks again.

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds...tml?refer=news

Old 01-06-2019, 09:07 PM

11 posts, read 45,598 times
what was the name of the old theatre at wurzbach rd/ exchange parkway? thanks.

Old 01-06-2019, 10:37 PM

1,710 posts, read 4,129,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vgcf View Post
what was the name of the old theatre at wurzbach rd/ exchange parkway? thanks.
I think you are thinking about the Bandera 6 Theatre. It was built in the late 80s, along with the Nakoma 8 on 281 by Rand Theatres. Nationwide, Rand built too many theatres too quickly and soon went bankrupt. Santikos/Act III took them over and ran them as dollar theatres.

Regal Bandera Exchange Theatre 6 in San Antonio, TX - Cinema Treasures

Old 02-01-2019, 09:03 PM

26 posts, read 33,612 times
Not Sombrero Rosa, but how about....does anyone remember the name of that taco place that was on the corner of Wurzbach and Datapoint? There is a Taco Bell there now. The taco place years ago had a fire and burned down. It had fresh corn tortillas that went on this round thing in the front if I remember correctly.....

Old 02-01-2019, 09:04 PM

26 posts, read 33,612 times
Does anyone remember TaCasita and Alfanso's Mexican food?

Old 02-02-2019, 08:35 PM

2,359 posts, read 6,431,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillip0WEB View Post
Not Sombrero Rosa, but how about....does anyone remember the name of that taco place that was on the corner of Wurzbach and Datapoint? There is a Taco Bell there now. The taco place years ago had a fire and burned down. It had fresh corn tortillas that went on this round thing in the front if I remember correctly.....
It was taco palenque, they have one at 410 and naco.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio