Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 10:46 AM

4,796 posts, read 15,369,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dube665 View Post
You've already weighed in on this topic.....and since it wasn't relevant to San Antonio specifically, it was moved last week. Did you forget? Or are you campaigning?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2009, 03:06 PM

3 posts, read 7,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTL IV View Post
Ex-Heights student surrenders in drug case (http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/Ex-Alamo_Heights_students_charged_in_drug_scheme_surr enders.html - broken link)

I think this report is a little unfair to Alamo Heights High School and its students. Despite the fact the accused drug dealers are in their 20's, the report calls them "former students" and that they are selling to "current students". It shouldn't matter where they went to school or who they sell to. If it wasn't Alamo Heights I doubt it would even make the news, let alone one of the top stories on the page. Does anyone else agree?
Maybe thee should mention that 3 students have been killed or committed suicide do to drug related issues with the last 7 months at Alamo Heights. You ask me they are taking it easy on them.

Old 04-03-2009, 03:07 PM

Default Alamo Heights student deaths

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTL IV View Post
I read this in the follow up story in the paper today, which was mentioned on the front page of the Express-News -

"During the 2007-2008 school year, Alamo Heights Independent School District had 14 incidents of students with controlled substances or drugs, according to the Texas Education Agency. The district has 4,500 students.

By comparison, Northside ISD, with 85,000 students, had 1,185 incidents. North East ISD, with 63,000 students, had 870."

Funny how I've never seen a story about substance-abuse problems in Northside or North East, let alone SAISD, on the front page of the paper. By percentages its obvious Northside and North East have more drug related incidents than AH that aren't being reported. Why the "capture" of two very low-level "dealers" receives front page news coverage just because it happened in Alamo Heights is beside me.
Maybe thee should mention that 3 students have been killed or committed suicide do to drug related issues with the last 7 months at Alamo Heights. You ask me they are taking it easy on them.

Old 04-03-2009, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsa210tx View Post
Wow what a shock the wealthy suburb of AH has heroin dealers? LOL

I wonder if the wealthy in AH will move out of their inner city like environment haha (kidding, of course)

Fact is lots of kids do drugs. It's everywhere...just more on the downlow in suburbs.
The alleys in Alamo Heights are used as stash spots for drugs. The problem in Alamo Heights is much bigger than what the media has shown.

Old 04-05-2009, 10:54 PM

104 posts, read 216,806 times
One word makes the PR valid.... Heroin!!! in a High School!!!!

Thats bad any place and a chance to talk a talk to our kids, if it can happen it can happen...You know the rest

Old 04-07-2009, 11:30 AM

915 posts, read 1,904,301 times
Heroin has been a problem in TX high schools for years. Once you didn't have to inject it and the cost came down...

Old 04-07-2009, 12:14 PM

472 posts, read 1,792,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
You've already weighed in on this topic.....and since it wasn't relevant to San Antonio specifically, it was moved last week. Did you forget? Or are you campaigning?
I'm campaigning, dont know for what but maybe to be allowed multiple post. Is that not ok, Im confused as to what you are trying to tell me.

Old 04-08-2009, 06:18 AM

4,796 posts, read 15,369,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dube665 View Post
I'm campaigning, dont know for what but maybe to be allowed multiple post. Is that not ok, Im confused as to what you are trying to tell me.
It's not confusing if you read the TOS. This topic is about Alamo Heights and a drug related incident in the San Antonio area.

Your previous topic on legalizing marijuana was not related to SA and was subsequently moved. Hijacking this thread to revisit that topic will only lead to the same place. Does that make sense?

Old 06-22-2009, 04:07 AM

3 posts, read 10,166 times
The drug and alchohol problem at AHHS is rampant. Many parents are in complete denial about. Many actually condone and supply alchohol.

Old 06-22-2009, 06:21 AM

7 posts, read 20,077 times
I am 26 years old natyive of SA and lived in "09" for about 17 years growing up, I can definitly say that drug use in AH is just as bad as any side of town, but WHY did this make the news? Someone arrested on the southside with 2 oz -5 lb of pot isn't making the news......who cares where it is IMO...In '05, '04 heroin was was starting to find its way to the Heights area. Kids were doing pills that were "downers" and heroin seemed to be easier to get and cheaper. I watch a few of my good friends go down the hill of addiction from taking a pill everyonce in a while for "patying" to sticking a freaking needle in thier arms to feel normal. One of them I still stay in contact with has been in and out of rehab since 06 and it kills me to see such a great guy fall to this sad addiction. I don't ever remember his parents being home, I think they were out of town alot. In fact to come to think of it I can only remember 1-2 of my friends whose parents I ever met/saw. the root of the issue here isnt' drugs, its peoples choises, and parenting, IMO. I've seen it happen.

Last edited by mytyeerinpie; 06-22-2009 at 06:30 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio