Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 03:48 PM

348 posts, read 1,223,437 times

Advertisements

True story:

Young girl, from a broken home becomes a stripper to help pay her way through college. Meets a recently divorced doctor while stripping at club. Doctor spent $$$ on her, gave her lavish gifts, bought her a car, condo, etc.

Girl finishes college. Becomes a sales rep for a drug company. She begins to date other men. Her doctor boyfriend becomes jealous and physically assaults her. Police get involved. They go to court.

Her story is splashed all over the news, exposing her past, ruining her reputation as well as the cardiologist's.

Her career is now in the toilet because no one respects her. Drug company cannot fire her for being an ex-stripper but it has hurt her relationships with her teammates, her territory has suffered and the other physicians within the medical community have ostracized her. She is a "dead man walking" because no one wants to be associated with her (or the doctor) and management has to be cautious.

My friend works for the same company and is embarrassed to be associated with this because it has made her job more difficult because of all the gossip surrounding this story. We all make questionable decisions throughout our lives but the ex-stripper's decision has affected her whole company. People should be held accountable at some point.

OP, please do your best to protect her from this type of environment and encourage your daughter to hold herself to a higher standard. She will be a better person for it.

Old 04-22-2009, 07:00 PM

7 posts, read 32,172 times
Jenn2009, if I were you, I would not worry about your daughter. She has graduated college and has a degree so I highly doubt she will make the strip club into her "career", whether waiting tables or "moving on up" to dancing. For those on here criticizing her for taking a job at a strip club, you are simply not in her shoes. I'm not sure Jenn2009 if you live in the same city as her, but some suggested her moving in with you. For some individuals, I know that is not an option. Myself for example, recently moved here and cannot avoid rent and utilities by moving in with my parents because they live several hrs. away from here. Either way Jenn,2009, don't pay any attention to the individuals here trying to degrade her because of the environment she will be in. To be honest, I did think about waiting tables at a strip club, but have not. If I do in the near future it would be temporary. As a recent college graduate I can sympathize with your daughter because I am growing frustrated not being able to obtain a job in my field of study. It seems no one wants to hire someone without "experience" and for every job you apply, there's over 100 other applicants. What I'm trying to get at, I see why she would take a job there and as soon as she gets that "job in her field of study" most certainly she will leave it. So Jenn2009 don't worry too much, if she lives on her own and obviously graduated college she should have a good head on her shoulders. Oh, and for those commenting on how it will look being on her resume when interviewing with other employers, I highly doubt she would list that job on her resume......

Old 04-22-2009, 07:03 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,052,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxGurl4everANDever View Post
Either way Jenn,2009, don't pay any attention to the individuals here trying to degrade her because of the environment she will be in.
The individuals here degrading her?!?!? That's hilarious.

Old 04-22-2009, 08:47 PM

19 posts, read 50,328 times
From both a client and a former waitress, if she really is working for a higher class men's clubs then you shouldn't have anything to worry about. Yes, the outfits are revealing but nothing like the women on stage. If she has a good personality, she will make friends with the bouncers and they will do anything to protect you and sometimes just like to fight. Also, without sounding rude, they won't be there for her. Of course, they will flirt but if your daughter was raised right it stops there. My mother always said that you can tell what kind of person you are by who your friends are and although that ISN'T always true, people will sure believe it. So that element, *obviously shown all throughout this thread* will be there. She and you both will have to say f.. it to whoever is so closed minded to say she has just ruined her life. I have come very far from those days... Just have faith she will make all the right decisions and continue to support her.

Erica

Old 04-22-2009, 08:55 PM

3,674 posts, read 10,610,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torkey View Post
I forsee a CD field trip coming up!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torkey View Post
....j/k

Old 04-22-2009, 09:07 PM

3,674 posts, read 10,610,983 times
I have been to a few of these clubs back when the Spurs were in the finals and championships and there was no game broadcast on tv or room in the bars to see the game. My lovely wife suggested I visit a gentlemen's club because they would surely have the game on.

I did, and they did, and the patrons and dancers all sat around watching the game. There was little to no tipping or stripping those nights and the ladies did not feel inclined to expend the energy to dance when nobody was paying any attention to them.

My observations of those evenings before the game was that the wait staff costumes were suggestive, but no more than many girls wear to the mall nowadays. Just a little tighter in strategic areas to compete for attention with the topless women around them. The patrons flirted no more in these clubs than any bar or club environment I have been in. I saw less effort to grope the wait staff by any of the patrons than I have at that sports bar in the River Center mall.

I talked with one of the strippers at the Zebra before the third game and found that she was an associate professor at UTSA. I ran into her at school later that semester and joked with her that I would change my major to psychology now that I have found my dream professor. She was completely open about her career, her stripping and her boundries as to what "extra-curricular" activities she was not open to negotiation on. She seemed like a pretty normal woman to me, just a bit more open minded to her environment than most would be.

If you daughter is aiming to work at one of the upscale clubs, then I would have no concern for her safety or personal space at work. She will be better respected and "protected" than she would be at any dance club, sports bar, or "nite-spot" restaurant around. As long as you are comfortable with her morals and what she will and won't do for money, then this is as good a job as any.

It will carry a stigma, for sure, but not much more than being a Hooter's Girl or the like.

Old 04-22-2009, 09:37 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,376,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrex62 View Post

I talked with one of the strippers at the Zebra before the third game and found that she was an associate professor at UTSA. I ran into her at school later that semester and joked with her that I would change my major to psychology now that I have found my dream professor. She was completely open about her career, her stripping and her boundries as to what "extra-curricular" activities she was not open to negotiation on. She seemed like a pretty normal woman to me, just a bit more open minded to her environment than most would be.
our HELLO is moonlighting?

Old 04-22-2009, 09:42 PM

2,260 posts, read 5,620,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoTexan View Post
True story:

Young girl, from a broken home becomes a stripper to help pay her way through college. Meets a recently divorced doctor while stripping at club. Doctor spent $$$ on her, gave her lavish gifts, bought her a car, condo, etc.

Girl finishes college. Becomes a sales rep for a drug company. She begins to date other men. Her doctor boyfriend becomes jealous and physically assaults her. Police get involved. They go to court.

Her story is splashed all over the news, exposing her past, ruining her reputation as well as the cardiologist's.

Her career is now in the toilet because no one respects her. Drug company cannot fire her for being an ex-stripper but it has hurt her relationships with her teammates, her territory has suffered and the other physicians within the medical community have ostracized her. She is a "dead man walking" because no one wants to be associated with her (or the doctor) and management has to be cautious.

My friend works for the same company and is embarrassed to be associated with this because it has made her job more difficult because of all the gossip surrounding this story. We all make questionable decisions throughout our lives but the ex-stripper's decision has affected her whole company. People should be held accountable at some point.

OP, please do your best to protect her from this type of environment and encourage your daughter to hold herself to a higher standard. She will be a better person for it.
I am as anti-strip club as a person can be (to a point - I'm not going to protest outside of one or anything), but this story says less about strip clubs and more about the lack of character of the woman herself. She could've met the recently divorced doctor anywhere. No one forced her to take his gifts, no one forced her to screw around on him, etc., etc.

She made a string of poor choices, and working in a strip club has zero to do with that.

Old 04-23-2009, 02:13 AM

693 posts, read 1,503,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrex62 View Post

I talked with one of the strippers at the Zebra before the third game and found that she was an associate professor at UTSA. I ran into her at school later that semester and joked with her that I would change my major to psychology now that I have found my dream professor. She was completely open about her career, her stripping and her boundries as to what "extra-curricular" activities she was not open to negotiation on. She seemed like a pretty normal
woman to me, just a bit more open minded to her environment than most would be.
I find it hard to believe that an associate professor at utsa would be a stripper or working at strip club. I had an associate professor at utsa that had another job working at some gym. Then another professor that owned their own business.

Last edited by txmusicgal; 04-23-2009 at 02:26 AM..

Old 04-23-2009, 05:29 AM

3,247 posts, read 9,057,317 times
Strip clubs maybe the last honest business left in the USA, at least they haven't ask for a bailout yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio