Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 01:08 PM

2,260 posts, read 5,618,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eger View Post
I grew up tagging from 18 to 24 years old, mostly artistic murals. I actually don't mind some graffiti (the artistic kind) , it gives the neighborhood some character...lol
Where's your car right now? I want to go paint an artistic mural on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2009, 01:16 PM

3,109 posts, read 9,840,568 times
And when Linda Grace plants her mural on your car, I will follow her with a pocket knife and make a nice mural with a knife blade.

Old 05-26-2009, 01:21 PM

1,086 posts, read 3,360,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnappyBob View Post
When you paint your "ART" on public property or someone elses private property without permission it is vandalism. No one cares how pretty you think it is. You might qas well paint a bullseye on your head while your at it.
I could care less of what anyone thinks of me for doing graf in the past, otherwise I wouldn't have posted it.

I did some stupid things as a kid, yes I painted on people's propertyand I had to pay restitution and community service hours.

Shortly thereafter I got paid to paint murals, I had my artwork showcased at many art shows, and up intil 7 years ago I was painting canvas for offices and people's homes for good money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaGrace View Post
Where's your car right now? I want to go paint an artistic mural on it.
Show me a sample of your artwork and then I will think about it.

Old 05-26-2009, 01:39 PM

2,260 posts, read 5,618,137 times
Yeah, see, you would get to see a sample of my artwork. Taggers just slap their art wherever they want, not giving the owner any choice.

See the difference?

Old 05-26-2009, 02:14 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,395,601 times
I think they'll start caring when they start getting hurt. We should have a hunting night out in all of San Antonio.

Old 05-27-2009, 01:23 PM

431 posts, read 1,204,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heimerswt View Post
I noticed the back of the sign over 281 southbound the other day...COVERED in graffiti. This is the sign just north of the Sonterra overpass, as you are heading toward town.

The only way you will see it is if checking your rearview mirror, or looking left as you head north on the other side.

Looked like a dangerous spot, for sure. How the hell they/he/she got up there...? I'm not going to deny it would have been an interesting discussion had the tagger(s) gotten hurt or killed while doing it...
Looks like city crews are already on the sign (as I type this) to remove/cover the graffiti here.

Hopefully they add some sort of discreet barbed wire, or (as someone else in another thread mentioned) maybe coat the climbable parts up top in grease. Give any future tagger a nice surprise once the last rung is reached.

Old 05-27-2009, 07:50 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,842,502 times
heimerswt -I noticed the back of the signs this morning on my way to Redland Road. It took a long time to spray both of those signs.

May I burn for saying this but I'm looking forward to one of those punks (who cost all of us $$$$$$$$$) falling onto the highway. Maybe that will open the eyes of the other punks.

Old 05-28-2009, 09:23 AM

4,796 posts, read 15,369,172 times
A thousand years from now, archeaologists will find these modern cave paintings and talk about how primitive and un-evolved humans were in the 21st century!

Old 05-28-2009, 10:21 AM

1,510 posts, read 2,963,873 times
Not that I'm advocating vigilantism in any way, but who else on this board thinks that the new storm water facility near Culebra & 1604 will become a tagger haven? I wouldn't be surprised if some enterprising folks started camping out overnight with high-powered pellet guns (night-scoped, of course) just to keep the "varmint" population from getting out of hand.

We don't want large rodents hanging around big sources of water and concrete, now do we?

--Dim

Old 05-28-2009, 08:55 PM

322 posts, read 774,910 times
My wife and I were at Home Depot after 8pm or so, on a Friday night (because we're old and have no lives!), and a couple "kids" in front of us were buying spray paint. I know you're supposed to be 18 to buy the stuff but I don't remember them being carded. I don't know if they looked 18 or not, it's hard to tell as you get older

I hate to steriotype but really? These kids are going to be working on a legitimate project involving spray paint, after dusk, on a Friday night?

I saw a cop in the parking lot and I was tempted to drive up to him and tell him to follow them to make sure they weren't going to cause trouble... but they drove off quicker than I expected and I didn't get to see which direction they went.

Do we reallly need to raise the age at which you can purchase spray paint, to say 20 or 21? I'm really an open market kind of guy and I hate singling groups of people or products out in a law.. but I also hate to see nature or local landmarks covered in illegible scribblings...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio