Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 08:25 PM

1,532 posts, read 3,699,444 times

Advertisements

Right now, Whole Foods is taking suggestions of places to build stores in the future. They are asking you to give them your suggestions and they will take it to their real estate team. I told them in the Sea World area here. If you want to give your say, go to
Forums | WholeFoodsMarket.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2009, 09:04 PM

1,848 posts, read 4,684,084 times
I'd love for them to just take over an empty space.

Would have a hard time supporting a Whole Foods of all companies building from scratch, especially considering the latest construction sites I have seen where everything is bulldozed.

How about taking over one of the "insert any cuss word here" empty HEBs on NW Military.

Old 06-15-2009, 09:14 PM

3,542 posts, read 8,245,491 times
maybe you should ask HEB that

Old 06-15-2009, 09:27 PM

^^ Maaaaaan, I have given HEB my thoughts.

Haven't set foot in one since the Huebner and NW Military one closed, 9 months now.

That is the best I can do, boycott.

Old 06-15-2009, 09:33 PM

3,542 posts, read 8,245,491 times
Well if the location sucked for HEB... I doubt that counts as an appealing spot for a Whole Foods.

Old 06-15-2009, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonySA View Post
Well if the location sucked for HEB... I doubt that counts as an appealing spot for a Whole Foods.
Neither were a bad location, HEB got greedy.

Post #6 //www.city-data.com/forum/san-a...n-huebner.html

That is how I found City-Data... I googled "boycott heb + san antonio"

Old 06-15-2009, 10:26 PM

824 posts, read 1,816,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr1039 View Post
Neither were a bad location, HEB got greedy.

Post #6 //www.city-data.com/forum/san-a...n-huebner.html

That is how I found City-Data... I googled "boycott heb + san antonio"
By "greedy", do you mean "profitable"?

They weren't bad locations, but they weren't the best. I think it's odd that people would get upset that a supermarket wants to be in the best possible location....

Old 06-15-2009, 10:55 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,821,217 times
If Whole Foods wasn't misleading their customers into thinking that 'natural' is overtly better (and charging mondo prices for it), I might have some want to see them multiply.

They strike me as Starbucks does: Greedy, crass, excess lifestyle-driven companies that do their best to appear hip, earth-conscious and neighborhood friendly. It's a cart & pony show and I don't buy into it for a split-second.

Do I ever shop there? Sure. Not often, but when I'm looking for something specific. What I am not is one of those Whole Foods shoppers who looks so smugly self-satisfied when they bring in their own 'reusable' grocery bags and drives away in a Prius.

Newsflash: You just overspent by nearly 60% on gimmicky marketing. Enjoy what you've bought, but don't think for a second that just because it's a $9 box of organic rice that it's any better for you.

Not that HEB is any better

BN

Old 06-15-2009, 11:55 PM

592 posts, read 2,024,974 times
one would work well near I10 1604

Old 06-16-2009, 03:20 AM

175 posts, read 303,941 times
San Antonio could certainly benefit from more Whole Foods Markets, however, the options seem limited, given that Whole Foods only places stores in upper middle-class areas that meet rigorous requirements in regards to median income and population education levels.

That said, the Stone Oak area seems like an obvious choice, however, I'd hope that they'd build a "real", full-scale store instead of what they've got going on at the Quarry (you could literally fit that entire store in the produce section of the ones in Dallas and Austin).

Furthermore, I've been extremely unimpressed with the produce and meat selections at San Antonio's Whole Foods, and cannot justify the price premium over H-E-B. I think Whole Foods is a great store, but only in Austin or Dallas or Houston, all of which clearly benefit from fresher, higher quality goods, greater selection, and a much, much larger inventory.

Bottom line is, if San Antonio demonstrated the demographics which Whole Foods looks for in opening stores, there'd already be more here. San Antonio, remains a largely non-health conscious city, and I don't doubt that his remained a core issue in this regard.

Last edited by L3XVS; 06-16-2009 at 03:41 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio