Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2009, 11:19 PM

2,744 posts, read 6,108,506 times

Advertisements

I have been a resident of Village Northwest for six years. Village Northwest was built by the buider Gemcraft. Most of the homes are well kept and many landscaped really nice. However, Village Northwest is starting to look a little unattractive, the entrance sign to the the Great Northwest near Stage Coach Crossing, has a lot of weeds and sometimes trash, in which sometimes I clean it myself.
There are several houses with really old fences that are falling apart. I think the HOA needs to spend a little more money on upkeep, new landscaping, and more attention on deed restrictions. There is a car in front of one house on jacks, it has been there for over a week, gives a bad impression of the neighborhood. Things like this make it harder for someone wanting to sell their home in this neighborhood, it's hard enough to sell a home these days.

Anyone in the Great Northwest feel this way? I have heard from a neighbor that there are many residents that are unhappy. The HOA does have a lot of activities for their residents, they are nice people, but I think appearance should be a top priority.

Last edited by SweethomeSanAntonio; 06-23-2009 at 11:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2009, 05:03 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,025,045 times
According to SC78250's blog (he's a faithful attendee at the HOA meetings) (just google Silver Creek 78250 blogspot and you'll find it)....there is going to be more emphasis on violations. Even the simple things, such as leaving your garbage cans parked in the driveway will be ticketed.

We have a CONSTABLE living in SC, who will ticket you, trust me, in the blink of an eye, who has had his front yard completely overgrown and nasty, and he can't seem to put his ladder(s) away, yet he has the audacity to write people tickets for not wearing their seat belts. I know this for a fact, though it wasn't me personally that got the ticket.

This is an excerpt from the blog:

Community Manager's Report: The Community Manager announced that they have hired a person to come in for 20 hours a week to do noting but go up and down the streets, give out tickets for deed restriction violations and then go back and follow-up on them. I don't recall the exact number, but he had written over 100 citations in the first week. Warning to residents: This board is getting serious with this issue and you'd better get your **** together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio