Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2009, 01:15 PM

759 posts, read 3,689,227 times

Advertisements

I would like for dd to attend a MOD program starting when she is ~12 months old. I happened to call one today (Coker Methodist) and found out that she would already have to be on a wait list as they are full for this fall! (She'll be 12 months Thanksgiving Day so will be starting the program either in Dec or Jan.)
Now I am in a tizzy researching MOD programs. We live near 1604 & Bitters and I can either take Bitters to 281 to work or Huebner to I-10; I work near downtown. I have a flexible work schedule and work on T & Th, so I would like for her to attend MOD both days. I would also like for it to be somewhat convenient to either my house or on my way to work.

Concordia Lutheran doesn't start MOD until they are 18 months old. Same with Discovery School. I am going to look further into Coker Methodist- that's actually where I went when I was a little girl!!! Are there any other programs with great reps that I should look into? Is there one that is considered the BEST in SA? You know, where crazy moms or dads spend the night in a tent the day before enrollment starts just to secure a place? Not that I would do that... I'm just curious

Thanks so much!!!!!!!

Last edited by Lauren0319; 06-25-2009 at 01:19 PM.. Reason: .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2009, 05:39 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,339,562 times
hate to break it to you, but most MDOs start registering as early as February for the next year and the best ones fill up soon there after. First child went to Northwest Hills Methodist Church off of Tezel, (probably out of your way) which fills up within hours on the first day of registration! We loved it there -- very good staff, well-defined program and building is immaculate!!

If you are set on Coker, I would get on the waiting list since your child is not attending until after the New Year. Many military families here move away mid-school year and you might still have a shot of getting her in by Dec. / Jan. And if not, you may be allowed to pre-register for the next year.

Also FYI -- check out Texas Dept of Family and Protective Services at DFPS - Texas Department of Family and Protective Services
which conducts regular inspections of every daycare, MDO, preschool etc. Web site allows you to review any violations found for any programs you are considering. I find it extremely helpful in choosing places for my kids...

Last edited by stoneoak; 06-25-2009 at 05:49 PM..

Old 06-25-2009, 08:20 PM

1,439 posts, read 3,883,623 times
Don't know what the wait list looks like but Parkhills Baptist on 281 (right inside the 1604 loop by Red Lobster) has a wonderful program and it starts at 12 months. They only are open on Tues and thursday 9-2! Good luck!

Old 06-26-2009, 07:34 AM

759 posts, read 3,689,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little_thirsty View Post
Don't know what the wait list looks like but Parkhills Baptist on 281 (right inside the 1604 loop by Red Lobster) has a wonderful program and it starts at 12 months. They only are open on Tues and thursday 9-2! Good luck!
Thank you! I attended Parkhills Baptist church when I was younger; they had such a strong youth group! I just didn't know anyone with experience with their MOD program. I will give them a call.

I'm also going to look into UUMC... I've heard good things but hear their wait list can be long as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio