Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 01:49 PM

427 posts, read 1,174,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingSAT View Post
Sometimes it is hard navigating through traffic in an unfamiliar area. Be kind to the tourists, and anyone else ~ you could find yourself in a similar situation some day.
Very well put. I've lived in 3 states now and to be honest I don't really see much of a difference between how people drive. There are good and bad everywhere I've been to so far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2009, 02:23 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,506,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
When you go to those cities... do you drive on the left lane of the highway while trying to find your way around the city?

That's my biggest complain,
I understand people not knowing the city, but for God's sake, don't block the left lane of the highway.
I think we'll get 10 inches of rain before people will start driving correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
Had some idiot with Missouri tags fly by me this morning on the 410 access road heading south to 90 this morning, obviously he was late for work and thought that he would risk everyone's lives by passing as many cars as he could before cutting back at the last second and across a sold line at well over the speed limit. And yes, he was in uniform...

In case that person happens to read this, you had better hope you kill me if you run into me; because if you don't, I am going to crawl out of the carnage you created and kick your friggin' butt!

Had an Alabama Plates Lexus try to race me on the Loop de Loop on i10 and 1604, I was comming down the loop to hop on I10, and that jerk was just comming off I10 He tried to beat me and disregard that TRIANGULAR SIGN that some people dont know what it means LOL, So I said, sorry but gotta teach him a lesson, I knew and saw that it was only me and him and the nearest driver was behind me so He was safe. well as soon as i felt the merging lane break I jumped to the left, got my tractor in the lane with the trailer slantley following it. Well Mr Lexus driver left a 40ft skid, and will probably find another skid when he gets home LOL, I dont normally do this, but In this situation If I were to slamm my brakes in order for him to get away with it. I could of tiped over even though i was doing 20MPH down the loop, Inertia, and the Center of gravity are my worst enemies here.

I hope Mr Al-Obama :b driver learns his lesson, and will look up the word Yield when he gets home.

Old 07-13-2009, 02:25 PM

2,260 posts, read 5,618,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svg210 View Post
I think we'll get 10 inches of rain before people will start driving correctly.

Had an Alabama Plates Lexus try to race me on the Loop de Loop on i10 and 1604, I was comming down the loop to hop on I10, and that jerk was just comming off I10 He tried to beat me and disregard that TRIANGULAR SIGN that some people dont know what it means LOL, So I said, sorry but gotta teach him a lesson, I knew and saw that it was only me and him and the nearest driver was behind me so He was safe. well as soon as i felt the merging lane break I jumped to the left, got my tractor in the lane with the trailer slantley following it. Well Mr Lexus driver left a 40ft skid, and will probably find another skid when he gets home LOL, I dont normally do this, but In this situation If I were to slamm my brakes in order for him to get away with it. I could of tiped over even though i was doing 20MPH down the loop, Inertia, and the Center of gravity are my worst enemies here.

I hope Mr Al-Obama :b driver learns his lesson, and will look up the word Yield when he gets home.
You're a truck driver and you're driving like that?

Old 07-13-2009, 02:38 PM

Had no choice If I would of braked, I would of lost the trailer, as I said before sometimes its wiser to take the hit, this driver disregarded the Yield sign, and not only did he endanger himself, He Put me, and the drivers behind me at risk. My Mission is to protect the road, and those besides me, even if it means having somebody break a nail. When animosity over weighs the out come sometimes good or bad people pay for it. In my case I had about 3 drivers behind me versus the one driver that wanted to seek a thrill, Do you think Just because this "one" driver decided to be a jerk, doesnt mean that Three people are going to pay for his ignorance. As I said I didnt even attempted to or made an effort to stop, I know he saw me AHEAD of him, and He saw the red Yield sign, and a stop line, The fact that he decided to floor it doesnt mean that he denied me of my right of way. It means that he wanted to beat the traffic, which in this case is bad.

Old 07-13-2009, 02:48 PM

2,260 posts, read 5,618,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svg210 View Post
Had no choice If I would of braked, I would of lost the trailer, as I said before sometimes its wiser to take the hit, this driver disregarded the Yield sign, and not only did he endanger himself, He Put me, and the drivers behind me at risk. My Mission is to protect the road, and those besides me, even if it means having somebody break a nail. When animosity over weighs the out come sometimes good or bad people pay for it. In my case I had about 3 drivers behind me versus the one driver that wanted to seek a thrill, Do you think Just because this "one" driver decided to be a jerk, doesnt mean that Three people are going to pay for his ignorance. As I said I didnt even attempted to or made an effort to stop, I know he saw me AHEAD of him, and He saw the red Yield sign, and a stop line, The fact that he decided to floor it doesnt mean that he denied me of my right of way. It means that he wanted to beat the traffic, which in this case is bad.
My dad was an over the road truck driver 'til the day he died (literally - he had an aneurysm in the truck. Thank God he was on an on-ramp and was able to maneuver the truck out the way before he completely collapsed)...anyway. My original response came off more rudely than I meant. I know that sometimes a truck driver has absolutely no choice but to make what seems like POOR choices when they're behind the wheel.

If everyone would give each other more room on the roads - no tailgating, no whipping in and out of traffic - we'd all be safer for it.

Old 07-13-2009, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaGrace View Post
My dad was an over the road truck driver 'til the day he died (literally - he had an aneurysm in the truck. Thank God he was on an on-ramp and was able to maneuver the truck out the way before he completely collapsed)...anyway. My original response came off more rudely than I meant. I know that sometimes a truck driver has absolutely no choice but to make what seems like POOR choices when they're behind the wheel.

If everyone would give each other more room on the roads - no tailgating, no whipping in and out of traffic - we'd all be safer for it.

I agree, and you weren't rude, it was just a point of observation. Most OTR drivers don't haul 80k lbs, but when you have 80k on your back there isn't that many choices out there. your dad died a hero because He left others out of risk. Thats just a creedo we Class A'ers (feels good to say it lol) live by. Those Poor Choices are wise choices for us, and our wallets going back to my case (ohh not again, man I am so consided) if that lexus would of hit me, I would of charged him a new Piston, Align my trailer, and Pain and suffering, and lost work. Sad but true, and sometimes just plain old wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio