Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What restaurant would you like to see?
Mexican 1 2.94%
American (BBQ, Steaks, Burgers) 1 2.94%
Italian 6 17.65%
Asian (Chinese, Japanese, Thai) 12 35.29%
Fusion (International, Latin or Asian Fusion) 14 41.18%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 08:34 AM

1,848 posts, read 4,684,571 times

Advertisements

Some of my favorite places visited lately are ""higher"" end" (definition is flexible), American fare comfort food, full bar, adult friendly:

http://www.bungalowbarandgrill.com/index.html - Bungalow in Scottsdale, AZ
http://www.pjclarkes.com/ - PJ Clarkes Chicago, IL (and NYC)
http://www.breadwinnerscafe.com/index.php - Breadwinners, Dallas, TX
http://www.riojadenver.com/ - Rioja, Denver, CO

Or "Creative Italian":
http://www.trattorialastrada.com/ - Trattoria la Strada, San Diego, CA
http://www.rosebudrestaurants.com/ - Rosebud, Chicago, IL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2009, 09:39 AM

693 posts, read 1,041,124 times
More authentic soul food restaurants as well as Rubio's (LOVE Rubio's)

Old 07-29-2009, 09:54 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,036,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pobre View Post
Seconding Pizzeria Uno, more Cheddar's, Qdoba. Einstein Brothers Bagels, DUNKIN DONUTS

Yes, I know these are chains.
Einstein is coming to DeZavala and 10!

Old 07-29-2009, 09:56 AM

2,260 posts, read 5,618,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Einstein is coming to DeZavala and 10!
Mmmm! I used to eat at Einstein Brothers Bagels all the time when I lived in St. Louis. Loved them then, will probably love them now.

Old 07-29-2009, 10:45 AM

452 posts, read 1,028,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminNicholas View Post
PS: In-And-Out will NEVER, EVER come to San Antonio. Let's just accept that
Who needs In 'n' Out when we have Whataburger anyway?

Old 07-29-2009, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorgirl2007 View Post
More authentic soul food restaurants as well as Rubio's (LOVE Rubio's)
Rubio's was good back in the day, but has gotten really generic. Blech!

Old 07-29-2009, 11:29 AM

1,086 posts, read 3,360,993 times
What kind of restaurant? A healthy alternative restaurant. A restaurant that serves healthier food. A restaurant that doesn't serve Mexican, or Hamburgers. Actually hamburgers is not such a bad menu item, as long as it's not ground chuck. Something that offers Lean Ground Beef, turkey burgers, or Garden burgers.

I am tired of going to restaurants and having to choose 2 healthy menu items from a list of 60 choices.

Old 07-29-2009, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eger View Post
What kind of restaurant? A healthy alternative restaurant. A restaurant that serves healthier food. A restaurant that doesn't serve Mexican, or Hamburgers. Actually hamburgers is not such a bad menu item, as long as it's not ground chuck. Something that offers Lean Ground Beef, turkey burgers, or Garden burgers.

I am tired of going to restaurants and having to choose 2 healthy menu items from a list of 60 choices.
Maybe you should consider cooking/eating at home instead of limiting your choices to whatever's on a menu.

Old 07-29-2009, 01:25 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,036,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eger View Post

I agree completely. We shouldn't have to stay home and eat because a place doesn't offer a healthy menu. It's nice to go out. And yeah, you CAN eat healthy, if you tell them specifically what NOT to put on your food, but the point is, why don't more place just make it that way instead of the high fat, high calorie way?

Of course you're going to get a healthier meal at home. The point is, we want to go out and enjoy the same or better than we can make ourselves.

Old 07-29-2009, 01:35 PM

I guess I'm alone in seeing dining out as a treat rather than the norm. I mean, I rarely eat out, but when I do, that's when I have the foods I wouldn't eat at home...high calorie, high fat, etc. Maybe it's just me, but since I maintain a healthy diet for the most part, when I do manage to eat out, I splurge on calories and fat, so I don't stress over the menu.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio