Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2018, 01:38 PM

58 posts, read 157,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
Yup, it's still on the radio in 2018. Billy Bobs Beds has the most annoying commercial on KKYX.
Oooh Billy Bob, I’m headed your way...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2018, 10:09 PM

814 posts, read 676,289 times
Have not heard those Billy Bob's squeals in years. That's good.

Old 05-28-2018, 05:24 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,295,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar 77 View Post
Noticed today (pet sitting so watching TV) that the World Car (?) commercials show random people with random sayings about buying their car, then Jeff's voice-over finishes up the commercial. Has the team of Bequi and Jeff finally gotten so many negative comments that they ad agency has changed their advertisements
I noticed that, too. No more bobbing head and exaggerated eye blinking from her, and her “World Car....for a lifetime.”

Old 05-28-2018, 07:45 PM

2,382 posts, read 3,501,700 times
How about those commercials for no-name insurance ,or a miracle drug, that has a "doctor" in a lab coat (with a stethoscope wrapped around his neck for authenticity) , peddling the latest snake oil ….how cheesy. Like this doctor doesn't have time to take it off before they shoot the commercial.

Old 06-01-2018, 09:59 AM

Ha ha, the white coats are important.
Remember the photo shoot at the white house with a couple dozen doctors ? Previous administration issued them all white doctor smocks for the shoot. Dumb voters must believe docs wear them everywhere.

I remember my first after college job in 1970 in an electronics lab designing circuitry for TV cameras and such.

One day some potential investors were coming by and the boss had us all suit up in doctor white coats.

Must have worked, their investment paid all our salaries for a couple years.

Old 07-26-2018, 06:20 AM

14 posts, read 35,772 times
Default Bad Move World Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar 77 View Post
Noticed today (pet sitting so watching TV) that the World Car (?) commercials show random people with random sayings about buying their car, then Jeff's voice-over finishes up the commercial. Has the team of Bequi and Jeff finally gotten so many negative comments that they ad agency has changed their advertisements
The worst and most annoying commercial now-World Car is irrelevant without Bequi. The only negative comments come from what five of you? Get over it-she’s hot and is relatable. Kids love her and she has made the “for a lifetime” line one people remember - not the voiceovers or random people holding a sign. If they have any marketing sense they will bring her back ASAP.

Old 07-26-2018, 12:12 PM

All generations of World Car commercials have annoyed me. They must work since their ad budget is obviously huge.
I do appreciate the negative reviews of their businesses all over the internet. I'm now afraid to even drive by their car stores.

But in all fairness, buying a car from any dealer is painful. I've shopped a half dozen this past couple months and now thinking of getting that buy-a-car token coin from Carvana and using their car vending machine. What a concept !

Old 07-26-2018, 03:04 PM

2,382 posts, read 3,501,700 times
My problem with World car is how they try to pass off that "lifetime warranty" BS, as a bumper to bumper, if anything goes wrong lifetime warranty. WRONG!
It's a limited powertrain warranty...and you better have receipts for all your maintenance, and it had better be done exactly as the owner's manual states, or they will deny your claim.
Deceptive as can be.

Old 07-26-2018, 06:44 PM

5,581 posts, read 6,508,599 times
So........any news about what happened to Bequi? There was a poster on here way earlier in this thread that seemed to know her. Poster, are you still reading? Can you give us an update on Bequi?

Old 08-01-2018, 08:33 AM

1,552 posts, read 2,329,790 times
Vampire face lifts, lasik with Dr. So and So, personal testimony on the radio that the radio personality has used the service for many years. We all remember those folks swearing that they used some fake goo for weight reduction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio