Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 08:39 AM

12,114 posts, read 15,000,621 times

Advertisements

It's hard enough to take my two dogs camping, let alone into a restaurant where there would be other dogs. Just like people, they don't all get along. Some are much more aggressive than others. I don't think I would even go to a place that allowed dogs other than a service dog. Those are well trained and a pleasure to be around.

Old 09-23-2009, 09:34 AM

5,142 posts, read 13,121,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr1039 View Post
First, let me say I love kids. I was a teacher and a camp counselor for a while and I even plan on having some of my own one day. However, I don't want kids in my house. My house is for adults and it is not "kid proofed". All kids are dirty. They have snot and slobber on their little hands and they touch everything. The cry and scream for no reason and often ruin and interrupt adult conversations. I don't want kids around me while I am on a date with my husband or out with friends. A restaurant is not a day care! Bring a picture of your kid. Most restaurants won't even let a groomed, quiet dog on a leash into their restaurant but will let a screaming, snot nosed McDonalds take out bag carrying kid in and will even sit them next to me. Blech.
You raise a great point!

Old 09-23-2009, 09:38 AM

2,046 posts, read 5,587,247 times
I am not one that is ready for this, who thought up this dumb idea anyway? Dont they have other things to think about. I love dogs, I have dogs, I do not want to sit and eat with my dogs.

Old 09-23-2009, 09:40 AM

161 posts, read 360,435 times
You kidding me? That's no point. Its premise is flawed. We're talking about humans vs dogs. They're not even remotely close to the same thing.

I suppose making that distinction is anti-progressive?

Old 09-23-2009, 09:46 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,029,649 times
Honestly, what does one person's total dislike of children have to do with this topic? We're talking about dogs, not kids. Just reading that comment turned my stomach. Enough with the nasty kid comments.

Old 09-23-2009, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneOf48 View Post
It's true--good point. Although I definitely don't think that kids should be barred from restaurants! (Hey, we're all humans, and we can put up with a bit once in a while. Even if it means a kid screaming and pretty much ruining my peaceful coffee/dinner/etc.)

And I'm a BIG fan of seeing dogs on patios, and even in coffee shops and bars. (See this in Austin a lot, and I've seen it in other places, too.) I just love to have dogs around. I also was with someone who loved her dog so much that she often stayed at home. Bringing the dog out with her to a cafe or patio was such a great joy, and the dog behaved so well, that it was always a great thing.

Of course, poorly behaved dogs--that bark, beg for food, or even get up a lot to sniff around other people as they walk by--should be barred.

Here's one vote for dogs on patios!
Two votes for dogs on patios.
It should be done on a trial basis, see how it goes.
If its seen that there are too many untrained dogs at the restaurants, it should stop.

Old 09-23-2009, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Honestly, what does one person's total dislike of children have to do with this topic? We're talking about dogs, not kids. Just reading that comment turned my stomach. Enough with the nasty kid comments.
The poster mentioned that he or she loves kids in the very first sentence.

Old 09-23-2009, 09:53 AM

2,046 posts, read 5,587,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneOf48 View Post
It's true--good point. Although I definitely don't think that kids should be barred from restaurants! (Hey, we're all humans, and we can put up with a bit once in a while. Even if it means a kid screaming and pretty much ruining my peaceful coffee/dinner/etc.)

And I'm a BIG fan of seeing dogs on patios, and even in coffee shops and bars. (See this in Austin a lot, and I've seen it in other places, too.) I just love to have dogs around. I also was with someone who loved her dog so much that she often stayed at home. Bringing the dog out with her to a cafe or patio was such a great joy, and the dog behaved so well, that it was always a great thing.

Of course, poorly behaved dogs--that bark, beg for food, or even get up a lot to sniff around other people as they walk by--should be barred.

Here's one vote for dogs on patios!

Great idea, so what do we do with the poorly behaved dogs? My dog is very well behaved - until you add food to the equation, she begins to act like a dog!

Point well taken, but oh gosh its just not for me. I will leave my puppy/dog/monster at home and hope that they sit me in the corner away from all the others.

Old 09-23-2009, 10:01 AM

1,848 posts, read 4,683,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXtrkgrl View Post
I agree the nasty kid comments from this poster are really starting to get old fast.
This thread is about dogs in eateries. There is a HUGE difference between dogs and kids .

Perhaps re-read SnappyBob's quote and then mine. 3...2...1..."ah, now I get it" should set in after you do so.

As for dogs on patios, I see no problem with this being done on a site by site basis. Flying Saucer is very dog friendly and as an occasional patron I have not seen an issue thus far. I have brought my dog to The Flying Saucer and to the Riverwalk.

My dog does not bark, have parasites, beg for food or urinate when frightened or excited. If he had these tendencies he would not be a good candidate as a patio dog.

Old 09-23-2009, 10:16 AM

3,111 posts, read 9,207,973 times
I LOVE my dogs but I wouldn't take them to a restaraunt. I know that a lot of people's dogs are their "children" and they are very well behaved but I think that the animals can stay home for an hour or two while the master has dinner out.

What about people who are allergic to dogs? Are you a gluton and dog free restaraunt?

Last edited by TXtrkgrl; 09-23-2009 at 10:39 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio