Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 02:28 PM

12,114 posts, read 15,005,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
well, they're off to a crappy start... the simple phone call to get them to not change my phone number didn't work and it took 7 different people to figure that out. The install also probably won't be happening because they can't get service to the home, even though they said they could. They're trying to fix it today and I'd highly recommend they do before I change my mind...
hang in there, I think you'll like it.

Spoiler
Keep complaining, they give freebies .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2009, 03:12 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,825,866 times
Quote:
well, they're off to a crappy start... the simple phone call to get them to not change my phone number didn't work and it took 7 different people to figure that out. The install also probably won't be happening because they can't get service to the home, even though they said they could. They're trying to fix it today and I'd highly recommend they do before I change my mind...
RD- I called a while back(maybe 2 months ago), before the decision to relocate was made. They didn't serve our street back then and I don't know anyone around me that has U-Verse now. You/they sure it's available?

Alright, I just plugged our address in their "check availability" form and nope...no service. Maybe your end of the street is good to go...goes by node, right?

Old 12-26-2009, 03:56 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,395,601 times
it's good to go now

the cable runner guy made it over, or at least he's supposed to. If he doesn't I'm screwed because the guy already managed to disconnect all the TWC stuff.

Old 12-26-2009, 03:58 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,036,574 times
Who you piggybackin'?

Old 12-26-2009, 04:09 PM

12,114 posts, read 15,005,086 times
Quote:
it's good to go now

the cable runner guy made it over, or at least he's supposed to. If he doesn't I'm screwed because the guy already managed to disconnect all the TWC stuff.
Silly boy. I didn't disconnect my TWC until after At & T finished. I told them what was going on and they even back dated my disconnect date.

Old 12-26-2009, 04:15 PM

3,060 posts, read 7,424,644 times
All of sudden AT&T's website says they don't have UVerse in my neighborhood? Last week it said they did! And there are UVerse vans in and out of here all the time!

Old 12-26-2009, 04:18 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,036,574 times
It's in my neighborhood, and chances are real good that you'll see a U-Verse or TW van on the side of my house on any given day. There is a cable box out there that seems to be really popular.

Old 12-26-2009, 04:22 PM

I meant the guy disconnected the TWC stuff. They won't actually be out to disconnect it until tomorrow (unless I stop them) and the phone has to stay on for a few more days until they can port it over.

Old 12-26-2009, 05:52 PM

4,329 posts, read 7,237,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post
All of sudden AT&T's website says they don't have UVerse in my neighborhood? Last week it said they did! And there are UVerse vans in and out of here all the time!
The availability of U-verse at specific addresses even in neighborhoods where the service has been provisioned has notoriously been spotty. It may theoretically be available to a particular block or street, but until AT&T comes out and does a signal test at the demarcation point on your house, it can't be confirmed with certainty that service can be provided at that address.

If multiple people on your block have attempted to get service, and signal tests have shown an inability to provide service to all of those addresses, then it could be safe to assume nobody on that block can be serviced, and they might remove an entire block or street from the service availability listing.

I believe AT&T has been in the process of doing something called "pair bonding" that is supposed to extend service to those residences in neighborhoods that have U-verse but are too far from the node (as the cable is run, not as the crow flies) to currently be provided service.

Old 12-26-2009, 06:16 PM

pretty cool, but my Internet speed definitely took a hit

lots of nice features, though, although I thought you could pause and rewind on all TVs and you can't
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio