Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2009, 08:12 AM

905 posts, read 2,958,421 times

Advertisements

My son is interested in all things WWII and has a couple of Japanese rifles and a couple of German knives from my dad's collection. I've never been to a gun show, so what do they have available, other than guns for sale? Any displays or anything educational? I couldn't find much info on the SAXET website.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2009, 08:53 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,979,962 times
I would say almost half of the vendors at the show are selling non-gun items, and there are several large vendors selling military memorabilia. Heck, one month my wife bought more that I did! But there isn't anything I would label as "educational," unless you want to ask questions about guns and such. I am sure you could get some estimates as to the value of any of those items if you wished, but I am not sure how accurate those guesses would be. Still, it should give you a good ballpark figure of their worth. Also, you can price similar items at the show (if there are any) to get the same info...

Cheers! M2

Old 03-27-2009, 10:23 AM

4,263 posts, read 10,820,588 times
Max....are there usually a ton of other gold dealers there?

Old 03-27-2009, 12:43 PM

I really haven't noticed any, but I am not looking for them either. But be aware that, in my opinion, non-gun vendors don't do as good of business as the gun vendors simply because...well...it's a gun show!

I would advise going this weekend and scout it out. It isn't expensive and you can get a good feel for how well you might (or might not) do. And since they run roughly every month, it won't be that long until the next one!

Cheers! M2

Old 03-27-2009, 03:25 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,447,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
I wonder if there are any tables left...I've been meaning to try selling at the gun shows in my spare time. I was told that they have great security...so no attempts to rob me.
That would be a GREAT place to sell you wares!!! VERY good security, and there are lots of "other stuff" vendors there to include JEWELRY of all things!!! I think it is the "honey-you-get-to-buy-me-something-for-spending-som-much-on-guns" type of stuff!

Old 03-27-2009, 03:31 PM

FCF, you are correct. No loaded weapons are allowed at the gun show (the police are excluded, of course); and all weapons must be secured usually via zip ties. Those rules are for the safety of all participants...

Cheers! M2

Old 03-28-2009, 11:08 AM

77 posts, read 263,495 times
I ll try to make it ive got a Wish list(Desert Eagle)
AND i just got my income!!!!!

Old 03-28-2009, 11:28 AM

There is also a Texas Guns show at 5455 Evers Road. That one is much smaller, and costs more to get in ($7 vs $5 at the SAXET show); but I did see a couple of Desert Eagles at that one. I don't remember if there were any at the SAXET show, as I wasn't looking for them.

And be warned the SAXET show was quite popular, there was a line to park and to get in. Plus, this morning there was some other event at the AT&T Center that made traffic worse than it usually is.

We cut through town on our way home (via Commerce), and took a small detour to stop by Sandra West's grave (the lady buried in the Ferrari). They cut down the large tree behind her grave, which made it harder to find. Whenever we are in the area, we like to stop by and pay our respects...

Cheers! M2

Old 05-27-2009, 09:44 PM

Just a quick note to let anyone and everyone who may be interested know that there will be another SAXET show this weekend (30-31 May) at the Freeman Auditorium. Doors open at 9:00am on both days.

Cheers! M2

Old 07-10-2009, 05:41 AM

Another thread revival as there will be another SAXET gun show this weekend (11-12 July) at the Freeman Coliseum.

Show Hours are Sat. 9am - 6pm and Sun. 9am - 5pm

A couple of buds and I are taking our boys Saturday morning, after breakfast at IHOP; so if you see a couple of military-looking dudes with kids hanging around at the show, that might be us!

Cheers! M2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio