Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2009, 10:22 AM

129 posts, read 335,190 times

Advertisements

I held off on making a thread for this simple request for a long, long, time, but I can't seem to find sandbags in this town. I know it doesn't snow much around here, but someone has to have them. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

I'm looking for the sandbags in the white elongated form to hold down my boxing stand while I'm punching it. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2009, 10:24 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,987,315 times
Wow, I would be surprised that Lowe's or Home Depot wouldn't have them! If not, try some of the military surplus stores in the area, they seem to have all kinds of stuff like that. There is one on Bandera Road just south of 410 that might be a good place to start...

If not, I see tons of them on Camp Bullis. I might be able to snag a few, how many are you looking for?

Cheers! M2

Old 12-27-2009, 10:32 AM

129 posts, read 335,190 times
Thanks, M2. Lowes, Home Depot, and Lackland/Randolph didn't have them. I'll check the surplus store and Bullis.

Old 12-27-2009, 10:43 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,029,649 times
You might try Keller Materials or someplace like that.

Keller Material - Stone and Landscaping Supplies in San Antonio, Texas

They have an athletic supply section on their website....nothing listed like you're looking for, but I would call them and ask.

Old 12-27-2009, 10:51 AM

4,796 posts, read 15,366,291 times
Just a thought. Having two cats, we've used the scoopable kitty litter and when it's wet, it is really heavy. (and no we don't forget to scoop....we had scoopable litter in an outdoor kitty box by mistake some time back.:) The economy size is in large white 5 gallon sized buckets. Tidy Cat? Can't remember the brand. You could try just adding water to the buckets. It doesn't turn to concrete, but think of heavy wet cement. Maybe double or triple bagging some kitty litter with water added will be heavy enough. My guess is a whole wet bucket would be more than I could lift. (that's not saying much...but it's heavier than a bucket of sheet rock compound)

I have always been under the impression that sand bags were made as you need them.....except for maybe pre-made sand bags for road crews and city street flooding etc that are stockpile for emergency purposes....industrial scale? You could always call TXDOT and inquire in their purchasing dept.

HB Zachry Co might be another place to call for large commercial construction supplies. They might point you somewhere.

Old 12-27-2009, 06:14 PM

4,062 posts, read 5,644,863 times
Don't look for bags with sand already in them. Just buy the bags...burlap or plastic and fill with locally available bulk sand. Call a feed or ranch store for the bags. If they don't have any, they will know where you can get them.
Sandbag - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 12-28-2009, 11:23 AM

1,893 posts, read 5,587,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
You might try Keller Materials or someplace like that.

Keller Material - Stone and Landscaping Supplies in San Antonio, Texas

They have an athletic supply section on their website....nothing listed like you're looking for, but I would call them and ask.
I buy compost from Kellers in the plastic burlap bags and they fill them for me. I'm sure they would also fill them with sand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio