Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 10:31 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,448,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHen View Post
Actually, WOAI has plenty of local programming:
Joe 'Pags' Pagliarullo - Mornings
Thompson Brothers - Evenings
Charlie & Chance - Nights
Actually, this is not correct any more. Pags has moved to the afternoons, the Thompson Brothers left (FL I think) and Charley Parker is back in the mornings (THANK GOD!!!) I like Charley...

I have to say, I REALLY can not stomach Chris Duel anymore (KTSA 4-???)...he screams all the time.....must have alzheimers because he repeats himself CONSTANTLY, and has become almost narcissistic with his stories...it is always I attended the AF Academy (did not graduate, so not so sure I would be bragging about it); I was a military brat; my brother served (and died in a aircraft accident)...fact is HE never served.....but he sure thinks that he did. While I appreciate the fact he was CONNECTED, noone that has not served their country has the right to put themselves into the league of those that have actually put on the uniform and took those risks in my book.

For me it is WOAI/Charlie Parker on the ride into work; KTSA and Dave Ramsey on the ride home, and then at 4pm it goes to 88.3 Classical music.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2007, 08:35 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,096,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
I have to say, I REALLY can not stomach Chris Duel anymore (KTSA 4-???)...he screams all the time.....must have alzheimers because he repeats himself CONSTANTLY, and has become almost narcissistic with his stories...it is always I attended the AF Academy (did not graduate, so not so sure I would be bragging about it); I was a military brat; my brother served (and died in a aircraft accident)...fact is HE never served.....but he sure thinks that he did. While I appreciate the fact he was CONNECTED, noone that has not served their country has the right to put themselves into the league of those that have actually put on the uniform and took those risks in my book.
On the plus side of the ledger, Chris Duel has the busiest online message board of any radio personality in town. He's terrific at interacting with his listeners.

MaIn UnDeRgRoUnD - Message Board - ezboard.com

Old 11-24-2007, 05:34 AM

I suppose that is good for those that enjoy his show...but I am just not into his style of yelling all the topics/conversation with the same tone of the poor guy that witnessed and reported the Hindenburg explosion...

Old 01-16-2008, 11:30 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,096,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
I suppose that is good for those that enjoy his show...but I am just not into his style of yelling all the topics/conversation with the same tone of the poor guy that witnessed and reported the Hindenburg explosion...
You may prefer Chris Duel's replacement then. It was announced yesterday that he is moving to a new sports talk station in town and that he will be replaced with Jeff Koch, who is a "newsman, sportscaster and afternoon drive host" from McAllen.

MySA.com: MySA.com: Jakle's Jacuzzi '06 (http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/jakle06/2008/01/ktsas_duel_loses_show.html - broken link)

Old 01-27-2008, 07:13 AM

2,721 posts, read 4,388,945 times
Default Well.................

Know the truth, woai is not the station to listen to unless you lean far to the right, it is the most slanted slander I have ever listened to, I have lived in Chic. , Det, and other places and loved WMAQ before it went, and wwj in Detroit, a good one, non-leaning in any way shape or form, politically. These people are "enightened" here in the Northland, it is still as divided as ever there in San Antone. Why they should erect a statue to trrent Lott in Austin. This station has always been this way, even back when people like Jud Assmore, and Bill Mc Renolds were there, though Mc Reynolds never said anything inflammatory. The hosts they have on there now Broadcasting , I just can't believe.
If you want to listen to people like Rush Limgaugh you will love it though. If he is as they often call each other on there , over the air "good Americans" that is to ssay all are also good Americans, we are in trouble. They are anything but good AMERICANS, they have the most un-American views possible.
They are divisive, fracturing people. Remember when Bubya said he was a "Uniter"?
This is how much of a bunch of uniters they are on this station. The purest form of dribble , is the most accurate description I would make.
It is mass propaganda being broadccast in a pseudo - factual form, described as a stance, politically.
If you are an informed person, listen to it sometime, and from your own opinion. I listen to it sometimes just to be able to comprehend how such misinformed thinking works.
I wonder if they think dubya is a great american? The rest of the country doesn't think so, at least four fifths of us don't.
Just listen to the nonsense for its purely entertainment value.
A native Texan, father , son ,brother , all vets of Korea, Viet Nam , and Iraq.---grandfather too, deceased, WW11. This is my familiy.
Unblievable ,its desperate content, because they know the republican position is desperate, they attack all democratic nominees for pres.
Attack the Clintons, peaceniks yes, but invaders ,no.
Who has the blood of innocents on their hands, the real ----desperate issue.
Who wants the corporate rule of America, a huge natl. debt?
In an insane world , this is insane drivel at its finest.
I find it incomprehensible that such a inane platform can exist
and still be aired and thought responsive to the common opinions,
benefits and interests of our population.
I would listen to another place station off the internet for talk radio
if you don't want (1) a futile and feeble attempt at brainswash, humor,
or an informed look at how biased ignorant thinking works 2-when there is no
thought given for reasonable dissenting opinion.The "guest speakers" are cut off when a dissenting opinion is rendered, the "moderator" (loosely applied description)would try to distract the Guest? speaker in another direction and then cut them off if the sought after reply was not given on the air. To the point of badgering as a lawywer would a dissenting witness for their case in a television drama. And, then accuse the guest? speaker
of dodging an issue, when their ipinion differs.

The afternoon show is off a remote broadcast and is the worst.
The old days of woai were far superior, with the likes of the great
Bob Guthrie, Mc Reynolds, Bud Little, Mary Denham?
Good listening back then, now it is a bully pulpit for the old
GGL, still in League.
Read this over airwaves, I'd like to see this,noway. Ever.
A native Texan and San Antonian
Quote:
Originally Posted by jck00 View Post
I currently live in the Chicago area but will be moving to SA within the year. I enjoy listening to talk radio and wondered if their are any SA radio stations with local programming (topics including politics, local news, events, etc). Most radio stations now have internet streaming capability so it might be another good way to get to know the city. Thanks.

Old 01-27-2008, 07:24 AM

Tell us how you REALLY feel.....don't go blowing a gasket...there ARE other stations for you to listen to...may I recommend a nice calming selection on the classical channel 88.1???

Old 01-27-2008, 08:59 AM

3,247 posts, read 9,048,425 times
Whatever happen to old Alan Dale the guys who made WOAI and Earl Abels famous around the country
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio