Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 08:09 AM

152 posts, read 412,561 times

Advertisements

If you haven't tried pulling in the free OTA digital signals I urge you to do so. Sure, the channels are limited, but at least you get the basic channels and a few others thrown in. The picture quality is just as good as what I had with TW digital a couple of years back. With the little antenna sitting in my apartment, along with Blockbuster/Netflix (take your pick), I have had no urge to add more channels or begin paying for, and dealing with the hassles, of a cable company - any cable company.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2010, 08:35 AM

262 posts, read 433,682 times
Get used to it. It will never end.

Old 03-02-2010, 08:50 AM

1,933 posts, read 3,752,585 times
Yes...TWC sent out letters stating that all bills will be going up between a few cents to $5.00 but mines jumped nearly $20....can't wait to get rid of the________________....

Old 03-02-2010, 08:51 AM

5,142 posts, read 13,125,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naxxan View Post
clear is a little to wishy washy for me still. ill keep you all updated how life is with no cable.
my sentiments exactly!
Life with no cable is not bad if you only have internet. You can get your TV show fix on the internet via the CBS, ABC, Hulu, Netflix websites! I don't miss it at all!

Old 03-02-2010, 08:52 AM
cjw

125 posts, read 480,301 times
I haven't seen the bill yet but my channels are disappearing. We haven't switched to digital and 4 or 5 channels we had are now not working. I tried to switch to uverse but I'm 300' too far away from "the box".

Old 03-02-2010, 08:55 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,120,287 times
Another thought came to mind, since the price of broadband is going up. T-W needs to raise the price of broadband so that all of the subscribers who signed up for the "price lock guarantee" see that they got some savings in exchange for being tied to a contract.

Old 03-02-2010, 09:39 AM

1,836 posts, read 3,822,217 times
This thread has some truth, but...

TWC's rate hike is not 'for nothing' and if you'd go to their website, you can see that they're just now adding a brand-new service (usually increasing overall costs to average out their profit margin). It's a CLEARwire competitor (4G) product. Haven't heard much about it, as San Antonio is one of the first few cities to roll it out.

I say all of this as an observer, as anyone who keeps up with my TWC postings knows I'm no fan of theirs. They indiscriminately raise prices without letting their customers know: I think that's out-and-out fraud. It's why I'm now enjoying DirecTV and have been for the past year.

BN

Old 03-02-2010, 10:21 AM

779 posts, read 1,661,159 times
Mine went up. My "promotion" is now over and it will continue to go up until I get back to the "regular" fees.

I asked for other promotions currently going on, and they said I could sign up for one that is the exact same as I currently have, but cheaper.

So I explained to the salesman how I thought it was "great customer service" for them to be charging me a higher amount, for something they offer at a cheaper rate.......he had no response.

I think I too will be leaning towards Clear and internet usage to get my television fix. Only thing that sux will be the missing out of sports. With the money I'd save, it'll be more money to go to a sports bar! hahaha

Old 03-02-2010, 10:57 AM

206 posts, read 464,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyd78 View Post
If you haven't tried pulling in the free OTA digital signals I urge you to do so. Sure, the channels are limited, but at least you get the basic channels and a few others thrown in. The picture quality is just as good as what I had with TW digital a couple of years back. With the little antenna sitting in my apartment, along with Blockbuster/Netflix (take your pick), I have had no urge to add more channels or begin paying for, and dealing with the hassles, of a cable company - any cable company.
Yep. That's what I do.
I have an hd flat screen tv, and a tv antenna and netflix. I can stream movies on my PC to my tv, as well as watch whatever's online on my tv. I have no complaints at all. The only thing I miss is the NatGeo channel. But oh well.

Old 03-02-2010, 12:05 PM

993 posts, read 2,491,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naxxan View Post
make sure you werent on a special pricing deal also. mine lasted for a year then went up five bucks every six months until back to regular.
This was the reason, but everything is good for now.

Last edited by Newk; 03-02-2010 at 12:11 PM.. Reason: Added for...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio