Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 08:58 AM

634 posts, read 2,922,880 times

Advertisements

Are you serious?? Seems like a hoax spam to me. But if it is true, wonderfuL!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2007, 09:02 AM

87 posts, read 171,745 times
Excuse me, this isn`t a hoax.
This is nothing to make fun of.

I am so happy that there are people who want to help me.

Andy

Old 06-05-2007, 01:32 PM

2 posts, read 3,191 times
Hyun-Soo,

Thank you for your concern. But the story is true. Once Andy and I complete all the answers I will be glad to post them with all honors.

Until then,

Lisa

Last edited by ldontiveroz; 06-05-2007 at 01:33 PM.. Reason: miss spelled word

Old 06-05-2007, 02:44 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,456,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldontiveroz View Post
Hyun-Soo,

Thank you for your concern. But the story is true. Once Andy and I complete all the answers I will be glad to post them with all honors.

Until then,

Lisa
I am so thrilled to see that you two have connected. I know your grandfather MADE this happen...nothing this important happens by chance. I can't help but feel that my brother and your grandfather have met up...I was blessed after he was killed in the line of duty to go to see John Edwards from Crossing Over when he came here to San Antonio. I just KNEW my brother was going to come thru, and he was the FIRST READING of more than 2,000 folks in attendance at the Convention Center!!! During the readings that followed, John kept mentioning that Mark was pushing folks forwarded that wanted to connect but were holding back. That is the way my brother was, always trying to help others, and since I was able to find you I am certain that both your Grandfather and Mark had a hand in it!!! I know there are those that choose not to believe, but once you have experienced it you know better!!! Our loved ones never totally leave us. Can't explain it, but once you are touched you just know it is true!!!

Old 06-05-2007, 07:16 PM

1,276 posts, read 3,826,021 times
WOW!! What a small world we really live in. This is an amazing story...maybe a story one of our news stations would be interested in doing? Just a thought...

Tiffany

Old 06-05-2007, 07:45 PM

1,805 posts, read 4,776,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Wow, I have goosebumps from this! So cool!
ME TOO!!!!

I am so jazzed, like it's happened directly to ME!!! LOLOL

God bless all of you who had input on this... what an awesome awesome story and AMAZING how quickly it all happened......

This oughta be on Anderson Cooper 360, or Paula Zahn's program or ONE of those.....
I honestly genuinely do have goosebumps and tears ....

I am sure that the two of you will have much to share privately, but will you please continue to share SOME of your talks with us???? SOOOOO awesome!!!!

Old 06-06-2007, 01:55 AM

Yesterday i had contact with Lisa for the first time and i cant discribe the feeling that my family had.
It was really a great feeling.
All the time we were imaging what kind of men Gustavo was and now..........

This is for real

I would like to thank al the people that has response on my reply and all the nice PM`s i have got.

We also have adopted two more graves and we hope to find out more about them to.

The grave of Gustavo is adopted by my oldest son , Marlon , he is 11 years old and would like to thank you all

Old 06-06-2007, 09:15 AM

4,796 posts, read 15,369,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swinny View Post
Yesterday i had contact with Lisa for the first time and i cant discribe the feeling that my family had.
It was really a great feeling.
All the time we were imaging what kind of men Gustavo was and now..........

This is for real

I would like to thank al the people that has response on my reply and all the nice PM`s i have got.

We also have adopted two more graves and we hope to find out more about them to.

The grave of Gustavo is adopted by my oldest son , Marlon , he is 11 years old and would like to thank you all

Andy.....I would be happy to help you with the other names if you don't have much luck. I do a lot of genealogy research and I do not have to live in the city or area where they are from to research. PM me if you need assistance.
You are doing a wonderful thing.

BTW - Lisa Ontiveroz....do you know there is an "honorary" marker at Ft. Sam Houston National Cemetery for your grandfather? Your grandmother was buried ther in 1989.....I'm sure info you already have. Was your grandmother also in WWII? The records I found indicated she was also a CPL.
My father is also buried at Ft. Sam.

Old 06-08-2007, 08:23 AM

4,796 posts, read 15,369,172 times
Hello Andy! I got your PM and have already found some info on your other two US Veterans. I will get the info to you over the weekend! Thank you for allowing me to help!

Old 06-08-2007, 09:38 AM

WAUW , no thank you, i can`t wait

Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio