Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2010, 08:17 PM

1 posts, read 1,322 times

Advertisements

I'm just wondering if anyone has any connections at Ft. Sam for any IT positions. I'm currently at the ESD looking to move up to a more hands on position. The position I hold right now is starting to feel like a call center job. I have my MCSE and Security+ I have IAT Level III status and from what I heard I have a secret but its not confirmed, I know I have a NACLC at the least. All IASO/IA training has been completed as well as all DoD mandatory training. If you know anyone please let me know.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2010, 03:43 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,992,062 times
First, subscribe to USAJobs.com's listings for SA; I see IT jobs at Ft Sam on there all the time.

Secondly, DM me your resume as my company may have opportunities for you. I know we have a big contract at Lackland and are pursuing others within DoD.

Cheers! M2

Old 04-12-2010, 05:54 AM

923 posts, read 1,502,935 times
imadev, how difficult was it to pass your Security+ cert? I need to get some security-related certs, but wasn't sure which one to pursue.

Old 04-12-2010, 06:15 AM

Ask RD2007, I think he just recently got his Security+ cert...

Cheers! M2

Old 04-12-2010, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
First, subscribe to USAJobs.com's listings for SA; I see IT jobs at Ft Sam on there all the time.
Sounds like good advice. Where on their site do you subscribe? I see how to browse jobs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
Secondly, DM me your resume as my company may have opportunities for you. I know we have a big contract at Lackland and are pursuing others within DoD.

Cheers! M2
I may send you mine as well.

Old 04-12-2010, 07:33 AM

First, sign in (you must have an account to start a subscription) then either do a search on a location ('Where') for "San Antonio, TX" then select "Save this search and email me jobs;" or go under 'My Account' and under 'Saved Searches' you can select 'Create a New Saved Search.'

You should use 'Keyword Tips' ('What') to narrow down the selection.

It is really a user-friendly site and I get a listing emailed to me almost daily.

Of course, you can also send me your resumes; I work for a great company that is always looking for talent!

And before anyone asks, I don't get a referral fee for finding new employees; I simply enjoy the "win-win" situation of finding the right people for a company that has taken really good care of me as well as the rest of its employees. I always like to keep an eye out for government opportunities, but to be honest I have no desire to leave the company I have been with for over four years now...

Cheers! M2

Old 04-12-2010, 07:58 AM

Majormadmax, can you pm me your email addy? Thanx.

Old 04-12-2010, 09:01 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,395,601 times
I studied about three days for Security+ and got an 860. Depends on how much knowledge you already have and what you use to study.

As far as advice, don't stop with Security+ and MCSE. Also go for something like SSCP or CISSP. I take my SSCP in June and would appreciate any advice. The practice tests are annoying so far..

Old 04-12-2010, 09:07 AM

5,142 posts, read 13,123,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
The practice tests are annoying so far..
Is this why your status is back in hell?
Hubby is eyeing a new job and requires Security +; got any good links for info. I can pass along to him to give him an idea on what the test entails. Too much muck out there on the search results, sometimes its difficult to know what's junk and what's good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio