Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2007, 06:32 PM

4 posts, read 10,546 times

Advertisements

Hello - I'm looking for opinions on the best area of these two towns:

1. Is the commute from Bulverde to I35 really that bad?
2. Best Builder in both areas? (I love Wilshire Homes, is that a great one?)
3. Schertz looks very plain, not a whole lot to do? Is it true?

Any pros and cons about both would be great.

Thanks Much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2007, 07:27 PM

226 posts, read 926,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtosa View Post
Hello - I'm looking for opinions on the best area of these two towns:

2. Best Builder in both areas? (I love Wilshire Homes, is that a great one?)
3. Schertz looks very plain, not a whole lot to do? Is it true?

Any pros and cons about both would be great.

Thanks Much!
I considered the Bulvered area,but I didn't want to deal with the traffic bottlenecks, also Schertz/Cibolo is close to work.

Schertz/Cibolo are small towns good for raising a family, but everything is close as far as shopping...Costco, The Forum, Rolling Oaks Mall, SuperWalmart etc.

There is also a commuter rail service that is being planned to go from Austin to San Antonio...it is expected to come online in 2010 or 2011. There is a planned stop in Schertz. Once it is up an running it will be easy to get to the San Antonio downtown hot spots and Austin hot spots.

ASA Rail: Austin-San Antonio Intermunicipal Commuter Rail District

Last edited by joe123456; 11-04-2007 at 07:37 PM..

Old 11-05-2007, 06:33 AM

734 posts, read 3,016,636 times
Are you asking about the town of Cibolo or the development of Cibolo Canyons near Bulverde and Evans Road? There is a Wilshire development in Bulverde Village north of Cibolo Canyons subdivision. However, don't confuse Bulverde Rd. for the town of Bulverde or Cibolo Canyons (Near the new golf course) for the town of Cibolo!

The commute from Bulverde/Evans area can be difficult, but mostly it's getting out of Bulverde Village and through the light at Evan's road. We are on Evan's Road east of Bulverde and my husband's commute to 410/Perrin Beital is relatively short. He takes Evan's east to Green Mt. Takes 1604 to 35 and then south. He leaves around 7-7:30 and it is less than 30 minutes, sometimes as little as 20 (the earlier he leaves.)

We personally love Cibolo Canyons but until the road that will go up to the golf course and connects to Evans is done the commute will be at least 10-15 minutes longer. We just drove through Cibolo Canyons again and like it very much! We've researched all the builders there and like Highland and Meritage. Newmark was ok, but they seemed to have very high pricing on some of extras. We also preferred the Highland floorplans overall.

Good luck and have fun deciding

Old 11-05-2007, 08:03 AM

781 posts, read 3,817,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtosa View Post
Yeah....same question...are you speaking of the town of Bulverde?? If so, it is growing and has a lot of new developments in the next few years planned. I love the town the way it is...very quaint and country'ish but you can't stop progress.

Regarding commute.....it depends where you are heading. There are many back roads, such as 1863, to New Braunfels and San Marcos where you don't even have to get on the 35. If you do have to access the 35, there are other roads beside 1604 and 281 where you can get there fairly comfortably.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio