Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2010, 07:36 PM

759 posts, read 3,688,652 times

Advertisements

I hate hate hate to post something like this... it goes against everything I believe. (An animal is a huge responsibility- and a responsibility for life.)
BUT I thought I would attempt to help a neighbor out. He is getting a divorce, travels a lot, and his dogs are not getting the attention they deserve.
He has a golden retriever and a chocolate lab. I'm assuming he wants them to stay together. They are sweet sweet, so good with kids, and very well-behaved. Truly great dogs. They play so well with my lab, and I let them run around my yard with my 17 month old without a worry. I would take them myself, but we have our fill.

I want to say they are around 5 years old.. well past the puppy-madness stage. Just really great dogs. The golden is a bigger golden, male, and neutered. The choc. lab is smaller, fixed female and more submissive. They are both as sweet and fun as can be. If anyone is looking for some furry family members, please DM me and I will put you in touch with the owner.

It breaks my heart to make a post like this; I know our shelters are full of animals dumped bc of this exact situation.. but like I said, these are remarkable dogs and if anyone is considering adopting a bigger family dog, please consider them!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2010, 05:53 AM

1,276 posts, read 3,824,279 times
Well if I didn't have a postage-stamped size yard, I'd be all over it. They sound like great dogs that would get along great with mine (male chocolate lab and female pomeranian mix).

I hope you can find these two great dogs a good home.

Old 04-27-2010, 07:00 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,979,962 times
There is nothing wrong with trying to find a new home for the animal since its situation has changed. This is a much more noble thing to do than just dump the dog somewhere or take it to the shelter. You are to be commended for trying to help!

Cheers! M2

Old 04-27-2010, 12:40 PM

790 posts, read 1,880,267 times
Thanks for being a great neighbor! You're doing a great thing. All the best in finding the pooches a new home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: